Thread: Nokia E5: unable to perform software update

Nokia E5: unable to perform software update

I am using Nokia X56 from past 6 months. Well I am getting trouble when I am trying to install latest software updates by simply using the Ovi Suite. Well I have found that update process shut down the phone of mine and which in results make my phone disconnect with USB connection so that I am unable to update the same. Anyone having the similar kind of problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nokia E5: unable to perform software update

Well as far as I know phone will switch off and on automatically during the process of the software update. So you should see that the phone remain switch off for long time then there is a big issue with the phone of yours. Otherwise allow it to do the work. So you should observe this particular thing and let me know about the observation on this matter. I am waiting for the prompt reply of yours.

I have done the observation on this particular matter and I have kept the phone of mine for 45 minutes but still the Ovi suite prompts that there is lost of connection with the device and need to disconnect with USB cable. As soon as it begins with the updating process the phone of mine shutdowns again. I am unable to find which thing is causing the problem on the phone of mine. Please help me out.

I have done the following thing to fix the problem of mine. I have formatted the memory card of mine and updated the ovi application with latest update which available on the official Nokia site. Well I have finally installed the latest update on the phone of mine. I have concluded that this particular problem was happening due to system files which was already installed on the memory card was causing the problem.