Thread: Nokia E5: Music Player adds sound clip to music player's list

Nokia E5: Music Player adds sound clip to music player's list

Well I am using Nokia E5 from past few months. I am getting very strange problem with this particular Nokia Phone. How can I set a particular folder on the memory card in order to choose any songs on the music player of my Nokia Phone? Well all the tone or sound clip on the memory card gets added in to music players list of the song. Can anyone help me on this particular matter? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated?

Re: Nokia E5: Music Player adds sound clip to music player's list

As far as I know this particular device Nokia E5 using Symbian operating system. Well I am not having great knowledge about all this stuff. But I know that device which are using Symbian firmware will not have any support for folder. For e.g. if you have kept any ringtones in the different folder then you should keep all that stuff into Music folder rather than keeping them over and there.

Well it works like a gallery program on the device of yours. Music Player which you are using is used to search all the music files which you have stored on the phone of yours. However this program fails to hide all the ringtones which you kept on the device of yours. Well I have placed all the music files into individual folders on the basis of Artist and there is a folder for each album.

Looking at the situation which you have provided I am unable to find out which thing is perverting the sound clip from playing. I think there is tag information is lacking in the music file which you have stored on the phone of yours. You have to select a song and go for Options and simply choose the Song Details. If each and every field is blank then I think it is the root cause of the problem on the device of yours.

I want to say thanks to all of you with possible solution over here. Well I have searched on the Google to find out the problem and managed to get the same. Well I have learn that I need to transfer all the sound clips and ringtones to podacast folder. I have done the same and from where I am not having any issue so fra. You can also follow the same to fix the problem e of yours. Wish you all the best.

hello people..i m using e5 since a week... i have stored some songs in the memory card from ma pc...i am not able to find those songs in music player... and from the folder in the memorycard i am to play the songs saperately...that is one after the other ...i am not able to play all the songs at a time..and i am not able to find the songs which i've loaded into the memory card in the all songs option in music player...

Quote Originally Posted by manikanta.lankireddy View Post
    hello people..i m using e5 since a week... i have stored some songs in the memory card from ma pc...i am not able to find those songs in music player... and from the folder in the memorycard i am to play the songs saperately...that is one after the other ...i am not able to play all the songs at a time..and i am not able to find the songs which i've loaded into the memory card in the all songs option in music player...
    Try the below method to solve your issue:
    1. First of all you have to connect the phone in "Data transfer" mode to your PC and enable viewing of hidden files and folders.
    2. After that delete the two files in "E (or whatever drive letter it is):\private\101FFC31" ( called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd" ).
    3. Then you have to delete the one file in "E(or whatever drive letter it is):\private\101ffca9" ( called "harvesterdb.dat" ).
    4. After that just disconnect the phone from the PC and run the Music Player on the phone.
    5. You just have to wait a while for the app to startup. It will be rebuilding the library......
    6. Lastly you just to be sure, select "Refresh".
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's