Thread: MiniDV video Capture with high quality

MiniDV video Capture with high quality

I own a Sony VX2100 miniDV Camcorder. I have been capturing the recording by way of IEEE 1394 firewire port via Cyberlink Powerdirector 8.0 program. I am using the MPEG2 format to capture video along with uppermost superiority settings in PD8. I generate my video and after that utilize TMPEG express to make proper color combination or De-Interlace if desired and program the last video out to MPEG2 once more. I don’t like the Final streamed video from PD8 and TMPEG express is fairly unclear. If I observe the MiniDV tape directly toward the TV, it looks very well. How do experts encode video by the use of a windows PC and with looking video? Should I require definite types of codecs or am i utilizing wrong formats? I know that there is nothing wrong with the Camcorder but there is no reason for this issue? So any help would be much appreciated.

Re: MiniDV video Capture with high quality

You are telling that you are utilizing the MPEG2 maximum quality settings in PD8. This indicates that you are previously applying a quantity of compression (and for this reason, degradation) for the duration of capture. You must simply transmit the video (like DV-AVI) from camcorder to computer by the use of somewhat similar to WinDV otherwise CaptureFlux. After that edit this DV-AVI in whatsoever editor you desire and generate your DVD.

The firewire card replaces a dedicated capture card, is cheaper and can connect other devices. The card is dedicated primarily to connect a VCR or an old VHS camera. The advantage is that it also allows you to acquire the video with most of the soft mount, movie maker, VideoStudio etc or even Nero Vision. You acquire in dv-avi - 10 go about an hour! You can do your editing, and you can export it in the format you want - dvd, divx, xvid, everything depends on what you want to do, see If your camcorder is in_out, retrieve mounting dv-avi on tape.

The solution is to consider regarding the basis device. If it's an HDTV, it doesn't issue if it is streaming it from a DVD or from a PC, or playing it from any media server. The HDTV appreciated interlaced video and will show it correctly. There is no necessitating deinterlacing. The barely moment you would be anxious concerning deinterlacing is if you are streaming it on the laptop or Computer LCD which is progressive except seeing as you are plugging the system to an HDTV you cover no doubts regarding interlacing. What you might agonize on is can your computer play full HD superiority at filled frame rate? It may not. In this case you may wish for to offer 720p version for your computer.

All the software to compress into one hour of video on a 4.7GB DVD is the unchallenged standard (I am not sufficiently keyed to respond in technical terms, but that's for a dvd in good quality for a cd, it's worse). On the capture actually can do so directly with editing software, it will go 13 / h, and after re-encoding: 4.7 gb / very good quality on a dvd, or less if we want to take 2 hours for example, but the quality will be much less. Plus we want to fit on a given medium is not as good quality. Regarding the quality of engraving with WMM I think it is poor (. The quality is much better and DVD editing software is better than Windows Movie Maker in this area (Magix or otherwise, even Nero).

In order to capture video from a camcorder mini DV you used is the right method, but not selected the right option. You should use Windows Movie maker if you are using Windows PC. In windows movie maker, you must select "capture dv / avi" and there you go 13 for 60 minutes of video. I capture with WMM in this way and then imports into Magix edit and burn to a DVD, I like that my raw files in "my videos" and I can watch them on the computer without the assets assembled as we watch with Magix photos. The quality is very good.