Thread: Cannot run Android CTS test

Cannot run Android CTS test

I am having a HTC smartphone which runs an Android operating system. I want to run an android CTS test but I am not able to do the same. I have tried it running for several times but ultimately it ends showing some error as API check time out. I don't know the meaning of this error. Is there anybody who knows that when an android shows such errors. I have recently downloaded the Compatibility Test Suite on my windows 7 machine.

Re: Cannot run Android CTS test

First of all you need to check that what your machine requires for running the CTS tests. You should be having an Android 1.6 SDK on your machine. Your android phone must be running at least version number 1.6 SDK or newer then that. I suggest you to go to the source.android.com and then setup your android device. Keep in mind that the device must be flashed with a user build prior to running the Compatibility Test Suite. Once done with this then you need to download the TTS files by going to the Settings -> Speech synthesis -> Start installing the voice data before running CTS tests.

It has been recommended to login with the test Google account on device rather then an account that you use normally. Here you have to check one thing that the device has a SD card plugged in, Card must be empty as well as CTS could delete all the data presented on the card. Now on the device, Do a factory data reset by going to the Settings -> SD Card & phone storage -> Factory data reset. It is obvious that this would be removing all the data from your phone. Be sure that there is no locking system enabled on your phone, check about the same from the Settings -> Security & location -> Require Pattern should be unchecked. One more thing that you need to keep in mind is Screen Timeout, It should be "Never Timeout" which you can do from the Settings -> Sound & Display -> Screen Timeout.

I guess it would be same whether you mark Screen Timeout as Never Timeout or another thing that you can do is Stay Awake option, You need to go to the Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay awake. There are few more settings that you need to do in order to run the CTS. Go to the Settings -> Application -> Development -> Allow mock locations must be as true. Before running the CTS, Your phone must be on the home screen and while running the test, there should not be any other programming running on your phone.

There are some things that you need to always keep in mind for running the CTS on an android phone. Most of the things are discussed in last posts but there are few left in between. Never mind, I have given some of them here. You should never press any keys while CTS running on your device because of pressing any button on the device would be interfering with the running CTS.

It has been recommended to follow the given steps on an official website of the CTS so that you don’t have to face any errors on while running the CTS. Prior to running the CTS, You have to install an APK file named as CtsDelegatingAccessibilityService. You would be able to edit the maximum adb operation counts from the host_config.xml file.