Thread: BSOD on ks.sys file when attempting to capture from Sony digital camcorder

BSOD on ks.sys file when attempting to capture from Sony digital camcorder

I am attempting to capture video from a Sony digital camcorder as well as find the BSOD, error on the ks.sys file every time I attempt. I have reinstalled SP3 as well as my video plus audio drivers. I have a HiJackthis log attached. I read anywhere that it possibly a virus so I have integrated the log. I am running Windows XP on the Dell Dimension E310 computer. I turn off hyper threading as well as attempted, till BSOD. I have connected an exterior Hard Drive with the IEEE as well as it works well. So please suggest some solution to my problem.

Re: BSOD on ks.sys file when attempting to capture from Sony digital camcorder

From my suggestion after going through your problem you have to Download BlueScreenView. You have to unzip downloaded file as well as after that you have to double press on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program. at what time scanning is completed, you have to open EDIT then Select All after that open FILE after that you have to SAVE chosen Items, as well as save the report as BSOD.txt. Then Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy the entire stuff, in addition to paste it into your subsequent reply.

As you are able to note (as well as were aware of to an amount) the error is being reason via a corrupt or changed ks.sys file .The best repair for this is generally to either uninstall, after that reinstall any fresh program connected to a Sony digital camcorder first .after that check the entire drivers in the Video area as well as update any with a Red or Yellow mark .after that, if you have your windows XP CD attempt to run sfc / scannow .

If you do not contain the CD here is another method to run the System File Check. This process will not essentially effort too, as while utilizing Windows CD, for the reason that not always the entire system files are backed up on your hard drive. In addition, backed up files may be corrupted too. You have togo to Start and afterward Run and then give in regedit in addition to press OK and then you have to go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup key. You will observe a variety of entries Values on the right hand corner. The one we would like is known as: SourcePath. It possibly has an entry direct to your CD-ROM drive, generally D as well as that is why it is inquiring for the windows XP CD. The entire we require to perform is changing it to: C: at the moment, double press the SourcePatch setting as well as a fresh box will come out. Alter the drive letter from your CD drive to your root drive, generally C. and then Close Registry Editor. After that you have to start your PC again in addition to attempt sfc /scannow once more!