Thread: Unable to install fanio driver on Dell Inspiron 1300

Unable to install fanio driver on Dell Inspiron 1300

Guys, all was well with my Dell Inspiron laptop until last time around when I stupidly remove the fan control utility from the laptop. I had uninstalled the fanio driver that was used to get the fans that are there inside the laptop. Now when I try to reinstall the same I get the error saying that Can't install fanio driver: Can't create driver (5). Please uninstall the existing I8kfangui version first...aborting". Can someone provide me with the ways so as to get the driver again installed on the laptop, so that there could be no damage as such with the internal hardware of the laptop.

Re: Unable to install fanio driver on Dell Inspiron 1300

Hey dude first thing that I would want to know that how did you removed the fan control utility as it is preinstalled into the laptop to control the fans and which I don’t think so can be changed or moved or even delete as they are well protected. But even if you have done the same and now would like to get the fanio driver again install on the laptop then the only thing that you will have to make sure is that you remove each and every file of the previous fan control utility and then look to install the completely new version of it.

Hey what I think is that some of the files of the fan control utility might still be lying inside the system and that is why when you trying to install the new driver copy you might be getting the files fluctuated and not be allowing you to get the installation of the fanio driver done on it. So what I can tell you that if you are using the Windows Xp operating system then I believe that yo should use a Windows disk utility that can help you to remove all the files of the driver and then move forward with the installation of the completely new version of the fanio driver.

Hey you can look into the control panel of your and go to the Add and Remove programs to see if it shows the fanio driver over there, you will have to search for through the entire list and have to recognize the fan control utility of yours, Once you have got the same then you should first remove it completely form the system and then carry out with the installation of the completely fresh driver of the fan control utility, with this I hope that you can get the driver to install completely or else it will cause some kind of problem to you.

Guys still IU am not able to complete the installation of the fanio driver onto my laptop as I am always getting some error message saying that you cannot install it please uninstall existing I8kfangui version first. Now I really don’t get to know that from where can I get this previous version uninstall since I have already tried uninstalling before and then also I am facing some kind of problem with the installation process. I have checked inside the control panel and there is no such kind of driver listed in the Add or Remove programs. Can someone help me to provide some different solutions for the same.

Hey dear I can understand what you must be going through since you are not able to get the fanio driver install onto your laptop that is necessary for the fan control utility. What I can suggest is that you must try and make use of the Revo Uninstaller that can help you in reinstalling the previous driver that you might not be getting to uninstall completely from the laptop. Revo Uninstaller Pro enables you to perform these tasks more efficiently and safely. No traces remain some that "this" application was installed on the computer ever. This tool has commanding filter that not only situate the folder where the program is hosted, but it also tracks all unknown files, report, and all that is needless for the system.

Hey dude thank you very much for the solution that you have provided me in the upper post, I have tried out the un installation of the previous driver with the help of the Revo Uninstaller and this tool really helped me out with the removal of the fan control utility and then I move forward with the installation of the new and fresh copy of the fanio driver, so thanks for the reply and I have got the fans working again and have been got more secure then before when the fans were not working I was in fear damaging my laptop, so once again thank you.