Thread: Phantom podcasts episodes gets stuck in smart playlist

Phantom podcasts episodes gets stuck in smart playlist

I hope you have got the problem what I am trying to explain here. Well my problem is that some of my phantom episodes which I have stored in the smart playlist of the podcasts gets stuck every time. Every time they appear in the playlist with a ! sign and hence playing that particular file becomes increasingly difficult. So I have been stuck with this particular phantom episodes in the playlist. Since it is a smart playlist and there is no way by which I would be able to remove the playlist physically. So is there any other steps that you know which would help me In the viewing of the episodes of the phantom series? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Re: Phantom podcasts episodes gets stuck in smart playlist

The only suggestion that I would like to give you here is that try deleting all the podcasts and see if it is giving you any result. That might work for you. So do try with that suggestion and I am quite sure that will help you. I know deleting anything from the smart playlist is quite difficult and hence the only option before you is to delete the podcasts itself from the iTunes library. I am quite sure that will be the perfect solution for you. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Let me tell you that deleting the podcasts does not give you any result. I am also one of the user who is having the same problem and according to me there is no such specific solution for selecting the playlist. The method that you have suggested above to delete the entire podcasts of the iTunes. I have already tried that method earlier and let me tell you it does not give any result. The entire collection of mine got deleted but still this particular smart playlist is still there. So there is no use working on that method. If anybody has any methods to share here then please do it. even I am looking for some good solutions here.

I think if that is also not working then the last option would be to delete the entire library of the iTunes that will help getting the matter solved. I know it is a very drastic step that I am suggesting to you. Still if you are so desperate to get that phantom podcasts out then that would be the ultimate solution for you. Well there is no other solution that is coming in my mind for this particular problem. So do try with this particular suggestion and let me know if you have got the desired solution for this problem.

One of my friend having the same problem solved it by doing a simple switch to the iTunes. He just upgraded his iTunes to the latest version and that fixed his problem. I know it is a very strange solution to share here but that solved his problem. See if you are not having the latest version of the iTunes then try switching to the latest version of the iTunes and see if that helps you solve your problem. May be you would be able to get the particular podcasts deleted from the iTunes library. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

I have come across a particular script In the internet which claims to remove the podcasts from any of the playlist of the iTunes library. You will have to first download the program from the internet to your system and after that you will have to run that particular script in the iTunes may be that will help you solve the problem. The script is popularly known as Super Remove Dead Tracks and it is becoming increasing popular among all the iPhone users. So this is my recommendation for you. Do try with the suggestion and I think it will definitely help you.

Hey thanks for the suggestion I did a search in the internet for this particular script and I did download this particular script in the system and that was too helpful for me. I an that particular script In the iTunes and amazingly that podcasts did go away from the playlist. So I think that is the best solution that I have come across. i really need to thanks you all for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. it really helped me a lot.