Thread: How to solve Wireless Problem for Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600

How to solve Wireless Problem for Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600

Hi just buy new laptop from croma’s shop and it is “Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600” with 900MHz processor speed among 384 MB of RAM with windows 2003 on it. It has incorporated wireless / NIC / phone but my problem is that when attempting to start the switch doesn’t do anything, and when I try to install the drivers for it does not detect. I'm confused about why no work, I searched Google and nothing happened. I appreciate if u can tell me why it is acting like this. If somebody know about the actual problem and you have better solution for this type of problem so please give me the idea, how I can solve this problem? I am very thankful of you.

Re: How to solve Wireless Problem for Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600

Nearly 6 week ago I also saw this problem with my one of the best friend who was suffering from the same issue. I feel nice to suggest you. Generally these devices use a card known as a “Minipci NIC”. Take out battery and put off the power from the laptop and verify the access panels on the base of the laptop. At the back one of the little doors you should find a little card with 2 wires coming off of it. Reseat this card and confirm the wires are connected. I thing this information will help you to come out from this problem.

1&only Guest

I am facing the same problem (among others!) with my father’s satellite pro 4600 and windows 98s. I removed the cover on the back and the card is there with two wires attached to it, and when I turn on the switch, the led also lights up, so I guess it is getting power. Simply says it does not work at all, and not in the device manager, or when the search for new hardware. If you have any other solution, so please provide me. I am waiting of your answer and thanks to you.

Well you can managed to get read of the errors you can try bodily unplugging the wireless card from your computer, and try removing the criminal items from the control panel. So, you can try to reinstalling the card and see if it works properly, and possibly upgrading to XP now, and see how that goes! I will keep you updated. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or pointers. After doing that if you pos the reply and if your problem solve so it’s fine otherwise we discussed on other solution.

I have heard about this problem from someone but never used. Whether you must connect to a router, it will monitor the configuration details embedded within it (like a router). If the latter is the case, you must connect a cable from the laptop, access your settings to set the SSID, password, etc, then pull the cable and connect through the wireless link (as above, using a router). If there other solution beyond my knowledge, if this information help you so fine otherwise you have to call your service provider this is an another way.