Thread: How to get ip address of Nokia N8

How to get ip address of Nokia N8

I have just purchased a new Nokia N8 and I really liked the new features of it. Its really a cool phone to hang out with. I just wanted to know that how can I be able to get the IP address of my Nokia N8. Since whenever i try surffing the web its working fine but, if I leave it for sometime with my web browser opened and when I come back again to use. It gives me some error regarding IP address. Can any one help me to find out what exactly the problem. I am using vodafone network and when i contact them they told me that its your phone problem. Please can any one prescribe with a best solution.

Re: How to get ip address of Nokia N8

If you want to get your ip address than , you must go and search in the google, because there are sites that provides us with our ip address. But as far as your problem is concerned I think that, its the network which is at fault. Since you are able to surf for few minutes and then if you kept it idle than it will not connect. You should change your network and see which one best works for you. Also it might be that you live in the range where the network is at least so that could also be the reason of your problem.

To get the ip address of your device you have to
    • Go to Menu
    • Select Settings
    • Go to Connectivity
    • Then select Settings
    • Click on Destinations in that find your access point.
    • Tab on your Access Point to open Options
    • Then you should Click Advanced settings
    • Then locate the DNS address this should be your Default Gateway address through this you will get your ip address.

Usually ip address keep on changing when you move from one place to another.
    Your mobile phone IP address can change many times each day. Since your mobile network stops working when you keep it idle for some time it can be that NOkIA makes a new connection due to time out. Even while roaming you will get a different Ip address all the time since mobile phone do not have a static ip address as your home network which you use to connect to the computer.

simply use this apps

http://store.ovi.com/content/84756