Thread: Need to know the exact figures for CUSTOMS DUTY in INDIA for importing china mobiles

Need to know the exact figures for CUSTOMS DUTY in INDIA for importing china mobiles

I am looking at the china mobiles these days and I have been observing that how is it possible to give so much features in a single phone and also at the same time offer the same mobile at such a low price. Its competitors like nokia Samsung are currently facing the hat because of that they also have brought the prices down. I need to know what are the custom duties the Indian government applying for all the mobile devices that are being imported from china. So it would be great if you all could help me with this information. So do give your responses as early as possible.

Re: Need to know the exact figures for CUSTOMS DUTY in INDIA for importing china mobiles

I think the custom duties for the china mobiles is the 5% of the total invoice rate that is there in the phone. so the people actually calculate the value of the customs duty and then only think of sending in india. The reason being of china mobiles costing such a low price is because all the quality of the spare parts are very cheap and also you cannot depend on the quality of the phone. it is too low and will easily falter. So that’s why the prices are too low. Yes you will get all the facilities that are available In these days mobile phone but the quality of the phone is too bad. So thinking of going with the china mobile is a bad option these days.

Re: Need to know the exact figures for CUSTOMS DUTY in INDIA for importing china mobiles

Absolutely I agree with the above user. The custom duties in India are very low and hence markets especially from the china are able to dominate their presence In the Indian market. They are slow increasing their popularity in the Indian market by slowly introducing a new mobile with all the new features and the general public does gets impressed with the looks and the features and think of buying the phone. They do not know that these phones have a very less durability and is bound to break down one day. So I think this is the biggest mistake that the general public is doing these days.

I absolutely disagree with you all. I think these days china mobile companies like lava mobiles ,g5 mobiles, micromax mobiles are slowly increasing their mobile market shares in the india market. Such mobile manufacturing companies are actually the china mobile manufactures which are selling in india. If their mobile models were not durable than how can they could have increased their popularity in the india market. They are offering so much features at such a ,low cost that is acceptable to the common man. Which the other mobile manufacturers cannot afford to introduce them in the Indian market. so that’s why china mobiles are such a big hit In the Indian market.

I think so the introduction of the china mobiles did brought a good benefit for all the customers in india because of them the other mobile providers have reduced their price and hence we are able to get good phones at a unbelievable rate. I think competition has to be introduced in the market. first there was competition only on the terms of the features but the prices never used to come down. How can a common man get such phones? china mobiles are the one who are the most important factor in bringing the cell phones rates down. According to me china mobiles did get some good competition with other mobile manufacturers. This is my opinion on this topic. I would like to hear from others as well.

Yes I agree with you. Recently micromax introduced its own set of android phones In the market. though it definitely did not sound good to me. as it did lack some basic features like the touch screen and others but the price in which it was introduced was very competitive and hence it did target a lot of Indian audience who wanted to know what is the android phone and they could easily target it. The price was a big factor in all the promotions of the micromax mobile. So with that other android phones rates did come down. So this is what competition can do.

That great to see all of them participating very well in this debate it was nice to hear from all of them. even o got to learn a lot from reading your posts. So thanks a lot for providing all the information here. Even I am of the opinion that china mobiles did get some good competition in the market and hence we could get some good phones at a very affordable rate. So as of now I would like to thank you all for the efforts that you have provided here for this particular topic.