Thread: Toshiba laptop arrow keys act differently while accessing web pages

Toshiba laptop arrow keys act differently while accessing web pages

Hello friends I am having a real wired problem with the Toshiba laptop of mine as I have found that I am not able to get the arrow key to work perfectly when I access any website surfing the internet. I have found that when I press the up arrow button I am moving downward in the page and when I press down I find that I move up. I think that before each and everything was perfect and I was able to use the keys as they were desired. So can someone let know that why I am facing this problem and what should I do to overcome this.

Re: Toshiba laptop arrow keys act differently while accessing web pages

Hey have you checked using the arrows keys of your laptop on a Word Document or any kind of a application where the scrolling is permitted, if not then I would want to suggest that you try the arrow keys with some different applications and then see if you are able to make use of the arrow keys of your laptop or not. If not then what I think is that the laptop keys might have got damaged or some kind internal malfunction might have occurred due to which I think that you are not able to get the keys to work perfectly.

Hey dear check the laptops keyboard setting and see if you are able to get any sort of conclusion for your problem from over there so as why the hell the keys are not working properly. What I think that you might have got something wrong done with the settings of your keyboard of the Toshiba laptop and due to which you might be facing the problem. So first look into the keyboard settings and then see if you are able to overcome the problem.

Try accessing different website and then see if you are able to get the problem to solved, it can be that the website that you are accessing might itself be having some kind of a problem with which you are also facing the problem of the wrong functioning of the keyboard keys, try accessing various website and then see if the keys functions properly or not. If the keys doesn’t works at all then I think that there could be a problem in the internal functioning of the keyboard which ultimately you have to get repaired.

Guys I have tried out the arrows key in the Word document that you have mentioned and I have come to know that the arrow keys work absolutely fine over there. In the word document when I press the up arrow key I can easily move upwards and when I press the down arrow key I can easily move down. But when it comes to accessing the website and when I press the up or the down key over there the exact opposite occurs. So with this it is sure that there is no problem with the internal working of the keyboard, so can someone help me to know what else can I do to overcome the problem.

Maybe what I think is that the problem could be in the internet browser that you are using to access the internet and indirectly the website pages where you are unable to get the full use of the arrow keys. There could be a problem in the internet browse of your with which whenever you click on the arrow keys the opposite event occurs, so with this what I think is that there should be a need in the change of the browser that you are currently using and then see if you can overcome the problem, I hope that this solution does the trick for you.

Thank you very much the above solution ultimately did the trick for me, I uninstalled the Mozilla Firefox that I was having on system and moved on to install the completely new version of the Mozilla browser and then after the install when I restarted my system and accessed the internet to go to website I found that the arrow keys was working comprehensively over there that is they were acting accordingly as it was desired, so thank you very much and I am very much obliged with the service.