Thread: Dell Studio 1749 screen going blue all the time

Dell Studio 1749 screen going blue all the time

Hello friends I am using this Dell Studio 1749 laptop for quite some time now and I didn’t have any kind of problem as such with it until last time around when I was just surfing the internet and I saw that there suddenly some blue screen appeared on the screen with something written on it and the laptop got switched off and restarted again. The impact of the blue screen was so fast that I was not able to read the error that was there on it. Now after the laptop restarted after few seconds again the blue screen came and the laptop got switched off after that as well and again restart took place, now this kind of thing is happening each and every time and I am unable to do any sort of work, so can someone help me to know how to get rid of this problem.

Re: Dell Studio 1749 screen going blue all the time

Hey you might have got some kind of virus creep inside your laptop while you were surfing the internet as you have mentioned that you got the blue screen when you were surfing the internet and there after the problem starting rising. So I think that this has certainly happened because of some kind of a virus that might have entered your system while you were trying to access some unknown source. With this taken into consideration try to run the legal antivirus software and then see if can search and kill the virus that is inside the laptop.

Hey think that you will have to format the laptop and again look for installing the operating system again, this kind of error has been even witnessed by me and I have found that there is no other way other then format to get this thing solved. Whenever this kind of error occurs it is generally due to when a operating system files go missing and that we have to again reinstall the same to make this thing work again. The error that is coming on the screen is related to the operating system error, which can only be solved by reinstalling the operating system.

Guys thanks for the instant replies that you have provided to me but I would want to tell you that I am not able to get this laptop to remain active even for 10 minutes and within which I get the laptop to restart every instant. I am not in a position to run this antivirus software as to get the scanning completed it generally takes about a hour or so and during this time the laptop might get restarted several times also I am not in a position to format my system as I do not want to lose any data so can someone suggest some other solutions for the same.

If you can load the laptop in a safe mode and then try scanning your system with the antivirus then I think that the virus that your system might be having might get killed and you will be able to load the laptop smoothly and completely from thereafter. What I think is that as soon as your laptop restarts press the F8 and from there chose the option to reboot the laptop in a safe mode. Once it gets loaded then run the antivirus software and scan the entire laptop and then start the laptop in a normal mode, through which you may be able to solve your problem.

Guys I was also faced with the similar problem with my Dell laptop and I have even tried out using some of the solutions that you have provided on the post and still I was not getting rid of this blue screen problem. No matter in whatever mode that I load the laptop that is either in safe mode or the normal mode the laptop either freezes or blue screen occurs after which it gets restated. Frustrated with this I ended up calling Dell support team and they replaced my hard disk that I was having on my laptop and there after the problem vanished completely, so I think that you should also do the same.

Hey if you can get the Windows utility software or the Disk Cleanup software to run on your laptop then, I think that you will surely be able to remove some of the bad sector area or the corrupted files that might be inside your laptop hard disk. If you are not able to run the software from there, then try running the same in the safe mod and then see if you can get the problem solved.