Thread: My external Dvd burners doesn’t work after I installed Windows 7

My external Dvd burners doesn’t work after I installed Windows 7

Guys, I am really embarrassed with the problems occurring every now and then with me, now this is something very silly that has happened to me. I have installed the fresh copy of the Windows 7 Operating system on my home computer system and before that my external DVD burners were working pretty fine with no problems at all, but soon after reformatting my system I found that the burner was not working as it was. Whenever I put a disk into the drive and run it to get burn I am prompted with a message saying that no disk in the dvd. However the computer recognizes the DVD burner perfectly the only thing is that it is not recogonizing the disk that I insert inside. So can some tell me what really has happened and how to overcome the problem?

Re: My external Dvd burners doesn’t work after I installed Windows 7

Dude try to kook for some kind of software update that the hardware might require to get itself compatible with the software that you have installed on your system. Many a times there are possibility that for making the external hardware to run smoothly some kind of drivers are needed without which the hardware will not run as easy that you think, For each and every hardware you would want to require the driver for it and if you don’t have then I think that the hardware will not run as it was earlier.

Look for the Windows 7 update and see if you can get the external dvd to run smoothly, what I think is that there could be a possibility of some file missing on your system and that is why you are not able to run the external hardware on your system. Look for the update first and then see if you are able to get this thing worked perfectly for you thereafter, also you might have got some kind of software installation CD with this drive of yours, so try installing the same again and then see if you are able to get this thing working again.

Hey guys I think that you guys are not very technically sound, to be precise the first thing that I would want to point out is that the Optical drive that is the external dvd burner in my case does not come with a driver at all and does not require any sort of driver as well, the best thing about this external drives is that it can run on any system without requiring of a software for it, so what I think is that I would want to have some exact and relevant solution from you guys about the problem that I am facing.

First of all is your computer recognizing the hardware that you are trying to attach to the system, what I think is that there could be a possibility that if your hardware is not getting detected then your cords that you are using to connect to the system might have got damaged and that is why you are not able to get the thing recognized. Also if you are able to get this thing recognized and then again you are not able to get the thing worked then what I think that there could be a problem in the hardware and you should get it check from some one.

Try running the same dvd burner on some other computer system and then you will be able to know that what exactly is the problem that you are facing with the dvd burner of yours. If you are not able to get it work over there as well then what I think is that there could be a certain problem of the dvd hardware and you will have to go for a new one or if possible repair the same. If you are able to get the thing detected over there and not on your system then what I feel that there is a need to reinstall the operating system since the problem arised only after formatting the system of yours.

Thank you guys I have come to know the problem that I was facing with the external dvd burner of mine and that why I was not able to get the thing worked. It was actually my DVD burner that was at fault and was having the glitches because of which the burner was not able to detect the CD when I inserted any of them to write. I have got this thing repaired from a friend of mine and now I am able to use this thing effectively.