Thread: Will removing Apple Store and Store agent prove lethal for Macbook

Will removing Apple Store and Store agent prove lethal for Macbook

Hello friends I have using this Macbook Pro from last couple of months and will I now I have had a wonderful experience with the notebook of mine. Its just like we cannot ask anything more from the Apple, although each and everything that is the options that are available on the Macbook, but lately after the upgrade to the firmware I have got this Apple Store and the new BG process called Storeagent. I find these options really very irritating as they come in front of the screen while I am working on it, so I would want to remove the same as early as possible. But the question is that will it cause any kind of damage or will it effect some other applications that I am having on my Macbook Pro, please do reply quickly.

Re: Will removing Apple Store and Store agent prove lethal for Macbook

First of all I would want to know that why do you want to remove the applications or the free and easy access to the Apple store where you have got this option directly on the screen after the update, and on the other side you will have to go all way round to access the same by access to the internet. Also, I don’t understand how does it effects you as the options have been made to access only when we click on the same , so there is no kind of unknown access to same as well, so let it be stick there and you carry out the work which you are doing.

Hey I am also with you friend I would also want to delete this options that have been made available in the Mac OSx recent upgrade. I think that there could be a unknown access to the same and that we will surely land in some kind of trouble if this thing does not get removed from the same as quickly as possible. Although they have mentioned that the automatic updates have been locked with the components but then also its better to be protected from the very beginning and that not to lose any kind of operations along with access to unknown sites.

Hey I don’t think so that by deleting the same options from the Macbook Pro will cause any kind of problem with the functionality of your Macbook and all the applications that you have got installed in your Macbook. All will work as it is even after the removal of the Apple Store and the new BG process called Store agent from the Macbook that have been inserted in the new firmware upgrade of your Mac operating system. This options that have been made available does not actually depend on any kind of other applications and that you will certainly not face any kind of problem with the removal of the same from the Macbook.

Guys I would want to know that how will I be able to remove these options that have been made available in the new update of the Mac Osx, this is not a setup file where we have loaded inside the Macbook through the command line, but this was available directly through the firmware upgrade and so I am not able to get a file that contains the unload file for this Apple Store, so can some one help me to know that how will I be able to get this thing removed as quickly as possible.

Hey since this is not a setup file so you can directly drag the application and drop into the Trash. You will have to use this command that I have mentioned below to successfully remove the same
    • sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.storeagent.plist

Or you can also use the direct options to directly move into the trash and restart the Macbook, so guys choice is yours and you will certainly get the applications remove easily from the MacBook.