Thread: Nokia 5800 mobile phone's key guard slider won’t let me unlock the screen

Nokia 5800 mobile phone's key guard slider won’t let me unlock the screen

Guys I am having some kind of weird problem with the Nokia 5800 mobile phone of mine that I had purchased few months back, it was all working good yesterday and I was able to perform each and every function to get this phone work smoothly. But it was today in the morning after I woke up and put my hands on this phone to unlock the key guard slider to see what are messages that come on the screen but after having unlock the screen I got the message saying that please move the slider to unlock the screen, now this is something very annoying as I am not able to get to do any sort of things with this phone, so can someone help me to know how will I be able to get this thing worked again.

Re: Nokia 5800 mobile phone's key guard slider won’t let me unlock the screen

Switch off the mobile and then again switch on to see if you are able to get that slider to work again, it could be because of some kind of glitch in the mobile phone you are not able to get that thing worked for you and maybe if you try the simple reboot of your mobile phone, you will surely be able to get that thing worked out for you. Also, see to it that there are not any kind of problem with the slider that you have got on your Nokia 5800, that is try holding it for some time and then see if you are able to get that thing worked.

Hey I would want to know that have you done some kind of damaged the last time that you had used your mobile phone, if yes then what I think is that seems to be a hardware issue that is the slider might have got damaged and that is why you are not able to get that thing worked out properly. So I think that the only options that is available in this is that you will have to get the mobile phone to the shop dealer that have got knowledge about the internal hardware of the mobile phone so he will get to know the exact problem and will certainly try to overcome it.

If you have got some kind of knowledge about the internal hardware of the mobile phone than what I think is that you should try to open the same and look around the parts where the slider is located and see if you find something like a lose attachment to it and if you get it and think that you will be able to fix the same so just go for it and see if you are able to get the slider work for you again. What I believe is a worth giving a try then giving directly to the store for the repair.

Though I don’t have the same mobile phone but certainly I had the same problem of the slider not functioning on my Nokia N8 and that I was not able to do carry out any kind of process with the mobile phone as I was not able to get the phone to unlock. This kind of weird problem continued for two days and since I was on tour so I couldn’t give my mobile to repair to any shop at all. So I had to keep as it is for two days and during that time what I did is that I kept the mobile phone switched off for more than 30 hours and after that I started to see if anything happened, I found out that the slider worked out this time around brilliantly and I was able to perform each and every single thing with the mobile phone

What I think is that there could be some kind of a software problem with the Nokia 5800 mobile phone of your and that you must try reformatting the same and see if you are able to get this thing worked out brilliantly for you. You might have gotten the firmware CD with the mobile or if not then you can directly install the same from the internet through the usb cable and that after that try to check out whether the mobile phone start to work normally again with the changes to the operating system of the phone, so try this option and then see if you are able to get slider work again normally.