Thread: How to Avoid Mobile version WebSites in ipad

How to Avoid Mobile version WebSites in ipad

I have an ipad, which have been using it from the past several weeks. I mainly bought this ipad for my internet usage. I am regular internet user and for that I needed a portable surfing device with good stability. There was no problem in browsing with this device till yesterday. Today I turn on the ipad and connected to the internet. When I was browsing, I went into one particular site. But it has opened a mobile version of page. I couldn’t able to switch to the pc version. By default now my ipad is opening the mobile version website. I don’t know how to turn off this feature. Can anyone help me?

Re: How to Avoid Mobile version WebSites in ipad

As you know that the ipad’s safari browser is the combination of mobile browser and the Mac OS X safari browser. So it has both capabilities, what I mean is, the ipad’s browser will have the capability to open the web pages in either the mobile version or the full version. If so then there might be an option to toggle this feature according to your needs. There are more benefits in loading the mobile version of sites. First of all they will load quickly without any delay. It won’t take much internet bandwidth. The popups are reduced and some ads also prevented by using mobile version sites.

It is not a something like a feature or option that you may “turn off" or “Turn on”. The version of Safari web browser that arrives with the iPad contains what is named a "user agent" that indicates the website what sort of gadget you are using. This is why I make use of the Atomic browser. You are able modify it to where the websites believe you are utilizing a non-mobile edition of Safari, Firefox otherwise Internet Explorer.

Exciting the question with which the user agent identified iPad. So many websites at the moment conduct call with user agent "AppleWebkit / mobile" to access customized versions. This one is possibly the scripts must not change the iPad the iPhone versions 320px forward to.The iPad will not change browser and surfing behavior revolutionary, but if successful, may establish a new type of device that could mean for web designers a decline in the standard resolution and greater consideration for finger operation.

It seems to me that the safari browser which you are using in your ipad is much degraded version and due to this the newly designed websites cannot able to make it in that. Otherwise the website still notice that the device you are using is a mobile device. How will you use the internet? Wifi or 3G? If you are using the 3G internet then maybe this is the cause. Did you try by applying URL manually in the URL tab? If the Google search opens the websites as mobile version then you should either try any other search engine or open the webpage directly

It is a kind of rare issue occurring in some ipad users because I haven’t heard this kind of problem in ipad while browsing the internet. It has something to do with the device settings. Have you restored the settings of safari? It may be possible that some of the scripts in the website cannot be read by that browser. So you might need to get the latest safari browser for your ipad. If the problem still exists then I think that you should quit the safari and go for any other similar or compatible web browser. Before that contact the Apple service center and know about the issue first.