Thread: How to download and use Skype on a Samsung S5620 Monte

How to download and use Skype on a Samsung S5620 Monte

I am just thinking to purchase a new mobile phone. And the main reason behind this is to make use of the Skype application. And I want it because I want to call my friends who live mostly in other country. I like the look of the Mount of Samsung, but no one is able to tell me that how to download it and how to make use of the same. Which is pretty useless. Can anyone help please? If it does not function on this phone, so in the alternate option I have choice for Nokia 5800. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to download and use Skype on a Samsung S5620 Monte

If you have a Windows Mobile phone, you can download the Skype Mobile, which you can then connect through your wireless network. You can even connect via WiFi if your phone supports the feature. Here's how.
    • Samsung mobile phone
    • Connection to broadband Internet
    • Data connection to your mobile phone provider

I agree with the solution which is given above to me. But over here I want to tell you the steps through which you will be easily able to get the solution. So for that you just follow the steps:
    • Visit the following page: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/.../download.html
    • Find the phone type and model number you have.
    • Download the application from the website.
    • Make sure you have the phone connected to the computer and ActiveSync is active.
    • Install the application on your computer.
    • Look at the screen of your phone. Complete the installation.
    • Once installation is complete, run the Skype Mobile from the list of programs.
    • Enter your username and password and press "Connect."
    • You should immediately see your list of contacts. Then you can make calls to anyone on your list.

To search for your friends and include them in your Contacts, select the "Search for Skype users" from the "Contact" menu or press the "Add a contact" in the left corner of the Contacts.You will see a search window where you can search your friends by name or by any other information stored in their profileTo add a friend to your Contacts, simply select the name in the search results and click the Add button.When you first start you already have a Skype contact, said "Skype Test Call". You can call this automated service to test the proper operation of your headset, speakers and / or microphone.

Hey they all are giving useful solution and in that I also want to add one more I hope that it will help you. Skype protects your privacy by showing your online status to only those users you have authorized. If you wish to insert a new user to your contact list, you must send an authorization request. If the other person accepts your request, you can talk or chat together.

The downloading and use of Skype is so simple that make the fewest users really think about how Skype works and what art really is behind Skype. Basically, it works like most Skype voice over IP programs: A computer operates as the voice of a user with a microphone, converts this information into individual data packets to, and sends the data packets over the Internet Protocol to the recipient computer. The entire data exchange thus takes place over the Internet. The receiving computer is in any case, the incoming data packets back together and turns the data back into language that is over a loudspeaker.

Skype uses to communicate with other TCP port 80, which is also used for normal Web browsing. Thus, the Skype software also works behind various firewalls and NAT routers without held that a reduction in voice quality, which is different from other voice over IP programs of the case. The voice quality of Skype is not the only reason better, but also because it can be used to Skype to new and better compression algorithms, which improve quality or just the phone calls still do better than traditional phone calls to normal landlines. The voice quality on Skype is suffering but unfortunately often low-quality microphones and speakers, place them on the most PC users to high value. So to do if you want a lot of phone calls with Skype does not save on the microphone and speaker technology.

I have just tried downloading Skype and I got a response that Samsung Monte is not supported. I have Skype on my PC, so I am wondering is there a way to use it via the PC.

Thanks,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hamilton View Post
    I have Skype on my PC, so I am wondering is there a way to use it via the PC.
    No buddy, you cannot use your PC's skype wit on your mobile. Anyways, what i can suggest you as an alternate for the same is go for any other VOIP apps. Have a look here: http://forums.techarena.in/reviews/1383346.htm