Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

access a website which needs a client side certificate through iPad

Portable Devices

Old 27-02-2011

access a website which needs a client side certificate through iPad

I'm having a try to access a website that needs a client side certificate using the iPad.Let me tell you that Root CA cert is installed in a profile, but I do not know why for a few reasons Safari does not probe for a certificate, even though one is installed.Is there a means to compel the characteristics preference on the iPad? IS there any way to access a web site that needs requires a client side certificates?

Old 27-02-2011

Re: access a website which needs a client side certificate through iPad

Let me ask you a few questions regarding this , please tell me that have you made any attempt to access the site on an iPhone? ( but it should have the certificates installed,.)I am having problems with SSL authentication using a corporate certificate also well, in my scenarios with Exchange ActiveSync. This is the sole issue that is being experienced on my iPad and no other complaints - my iPhone is configured with identical settings and works fine. So it looks there may be an problem with the technique the pad manages SSL authentication on the basis if the stored certificates.
Old 27-02-2011

It is not possible since a Client-side Cert needs to be downloaded to the device to be recognized each time you go to the site. There is no means to do that on the iPad. Also, the Safari app on the iPad is a different "version" of what you would have on your Mac/PC. Not as full-featured. I will ask you to contact Apple,or else you can also give a try to diverse certificates, if any of those do not work I will ask you to hard reset the devic , but there might be a possibility that it will Just hangs after.
Old 27-02-2011

Certificates pushed contain all 3 public keys that are from my Microsoft windows 2003 and let me tell you it is the enterprise edition 3 tier PKI, and a .pfx export of my public and personal user certificate (generated without high safety windows options)When incited, I see two choices for certificates. One is my name, and the other one was GUID. Choosing my name in fact gets Safari to move forward, though the server gets a appeal for anonymous access and not the individuality that I selected.I can discover no documentation on how to achieve this from Apple. Apple will not react to my case, thus I am strained to finish that this is a error that they are not ready to / willing to deal with.
This isn't a suitable business machine if not it can be sheltered with present authentication purpose .

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,