Thread: Maximum speed provided by MTNL Dolphin 3G

Maximum speed provided by MTNL Dolphin 3G

I am staying in Mumbai from last couple of months and I want to buy a new SIM card for my mobile phone. I am thinking about to buy a MTNL Dolphin as it has a 3G. But before buying this MTNL number I would like to ask you guys that what would be the maximum speed provided by the MTNL Dolphin 3G. If it is 3G just for name and not practically then there is no need to buy such internet connection.

Re: Maximum speed provided by MTNL Dolphin 3G

I have gone through the couple of technical website from where I have got some facts about the 3G service provided by the MTNL. Actually this network is capable of providing the 3.1mbps of speed in Delhi and Mumbai but you would be getting only about 1.8 mbps max both in Delhi and Mumbai. Though I am not aware of it in mumbai as I have always used it in Delhi where it works as per the expectations. You may try about Mumbai.

It is always required to have better network signals on your phone no matter you use 3G internet service or GPRS as ultimately your phone must be able to get the network signals from where it all comes. So you should first make sure that MTNL has a better network in your area or not, If not then you should not bu such sim card that does not let you even make calls, Using 3G is far away.

When 3G was new in Indian telecoms, I have tried using the MTNL's 3G from my smartphone when it gave me speed of 1.3mbps. I don't know that it was maximum or not but it was really fast to use on mobile phone. But yeah, It is true that your phone must be getting full network signals. If you are not getting better network in your area with the MTNL connection then there is no use of buying it.

There is one more network provide that you may go for, Idea. Idea network is anyday better then anyone when you want to buy a sim card with the best 3G service. I suggest you to buy an Idea sim card which will cost almost same as that of MTNL card an when you will use the 3G service then it might happen that you may not find any difference between the MTNL and Idea. But when it comes to where you can use your 3G service then you will be proud to say that you are using Idea's Sim Card.