Thread: My safari and youtube disappeared after iPad update

My safari and youtube disappeared after iPad update

I updated my iPad in the past to the latest edition iOS 4.2.1 and after syncing it, my Safari and Youtube preloaded app vanished. I tried finding it but to no gain. I reset all settings from my iPad and restored some data from my iTunes but still not sign of Safari and YouTube app displayed anywhere. Have any of you people ever gone through this sort of issue , please let me know if I am missing anything here ?

Re: My safari and youtube disappeared after iPad update

Yep, I did all what you have mentioned . Like I mentioned, I even "restored" the ipad settings to new but Safari and Youtube still is not there. This happened last night when I determined to update the iPad to 4.2.1. I am about prepared to carry this into Apple Store with my warranty just expired a month before. As I'm typing this, my wife is being hysterical...all her data and content is cleaned out even when I attempted to restore it from iTunes...but Angry Bird game is intact it still has the completed levels.

They have to be there anywhere. This are apps that cannot be erased.
    These are essential steps you can attempt if apps abruptly quit on you or if the your IPad starts to perform randomly. Quite frequently these straightforward fixes will resolve your issue. Stop the app by double tapping the home button to carry up the multitasking/recents tray at the bottom, hold down on any of the app icons in the tray until all the icons twist, then tap the minus symbol in the corner to stop the offending app or apps. Try your app once more.

Restart the iPad by press down on the sleep button at the top of the iPad till the time the red slider comes into view , then move to the right to power off the iPad. Switch the iPad on again by tapping the sleep button till the time the Apple logo appears. Once the iPad has completely rebooted, locate your app, and hit the icon to relaunch. I think wil surely resolve your issue .

You can attempt a hard reset , if you do not know how it is being dome then let me tell you that it is done by pressing and holding down the button used for sleep mode at the top of the iPadand at the same time holding down on the home button at the base, until you see the Apple logo appear and the iPad starts again . Start on the app again and observe what happens.