Thread: iTunes not able to backup iPad because of session expire with ipad

iTunes not able to backup iPad because of session expire with ipad

I was asking to backing up my iPad this evening and it was, by the bar graph progress indicator, about 95% done but was taking everlastingly long time to reach through that last bit. Then the power went off . Now when I connect in the iPad and run iTunes, the synch goes even more fast and then I receive an error message stating: "iTunes is not able to backup the iPad because a session could not be initialize with the iPad".Per , how I can get rid of this issue , please help me so that I can back up my ipad .

re: iTunes not able to backup iPad because of session expire with ipad

I just found one solution for the same one idea I found in some user discussion groups, I hasd just gone into the iTunes preferences and erased the backups it showed for my iPad. I searched down into the folder where the backups are generally stored and those backups were no there w gone. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem in my case , I hope that it will help in yours , in case if you obtain the solution please do not forget to post it back.

I was encountering the issue which seemed somewhat similar to this , so what I followed the following set of instructions :
    • Checked to make it certain my security software or you can say (MS Security Essentials and Windows FIrewall) were all were up-to-date and without any sort of problem *Made sure I had correct permission for the iPad backup folders. To make sure about that , I chose the folders and clicked on "Take Ownership" that was there in the context menu.
    • I also ensured that my user account is an Administrator account on the system .

Well Why don’t you reset the iPad itself? Not the normal soft reset but the type of reset that restores function to an iDevice in cases when it isn't responding: for that you will have to press and hold both the Power and Home buttons simultaneously and hold them until the device starts again , ignoring the "slide to turn off" prompt. After booting is complete , you can connect it with your PC, which should according to me bring the iTunes automatically, then...lo and behold, in place of seeing the rapid synch and display error, it went right into backup and after a while it took some time and finished the backup without a glitch and synched the iPad.

Yes, I've been getting these error messages (and selected backups) myself of current.I discovered that the method to put it right it is a two step process, both of which you've mentioned in your catalog. For me, if I had removed my iPad backups (~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/, and then whichever files match to the backups mentioned in iTunes' Preferences/Devices tab) and then I will ask you to day a hard reset, then the upcoming few syncs will backup properly.