Thread: Re-registering an iPad to a new user

Re-registering an iPad to a new user

I have been using a apple iPad wifi. But as this iPad does not supports 3G so i will be purchsing the 3G iPad soon , What i will be doint with my wifi iPad i will be giving it to one of my friend and hence i would like to know whether it is possible to get the Apple iPad Re-registered on my friends name because he stay far away from me and if he faces any issue i will have to go to his place to claim the warranty. So is it possible to get it re-registered on my friends name.

Re: Re-registering an iPad to a new user

Well for that you need to contact apple and ask them is there any such possible and i think you do not have an option better than that so please contact apple customer care and explaing this whole situation. There must be some way to get your iPad re-registered on your friends name. You can also try to fill the form for changing a mistaken name at your nearby apple store.

Here you do not need to change it to other persons name because the warranty does not require the registered person to be present at the time of claiming the warranty period because the warranty is for the product itself you simply need to produce the Bill at the time of claiming the warranty period if your iPad goes wrong somewhere and nothing else.

No its not at all possible to re-register the iPad device to a new user because i myself have sold my iPad to my friend and hence i tried a lot to get it registered on his name but i was told by the apple store executive that its not at all possible to transfer the warranty to another person and hence i think you should ask him to use the same and if there is an issue with the laptop then you will have to be present at the apple store.

You will not be able to register the iPad on a different name , but its better to call apple care atleast once and hence i would sugggest you not to worry much about the same, however you can handover an authority letter or an NOC letter to the person who is purchasing the device since this will atleast do some favor to him while he needs the help of the warranty.