Thread: Connect samsung monte on mac OS X

Connect samsung monte on mac OS X

Yesterday I have bought a Samsung monte mobile phone from the nearest Samsung retails showroom. I bought this mobile for very good price. I like it because it has many features which I have been looking for over the past several days. I also own a mac computer which is running with OS X. I want connect this mobile to Mac so that I can use the internet from it. Is it possible to do so?

Re: Connect samsung monte on mac OS X

It seems to me that it is possible to connect your Samsung monte with the Mac without much trouble. I am telling this because it has wifi. So you can connect it either by using the USB cable or by the use of wifi. But you can’t connect to the internet through it. This kind of tethering support has not been included in this. But if the network operator has provided this facility to that mobile then you can obviously use it for the internet connection.

First of all you need to right driver in order to connect the Samsung monte to the mac computer. As you the Mac doesn’t accept any kind of third party drivers in it. What you have to do is connect the phone to the mac and then try to get the proper driver from the internet. If there are any compatible drivers over the internet, the mac will install in it and enable the Mac to communicate with the phone. But for the internet usage you need to contact you sim network operator because they have the right to tether the phone with computer.

If the phone is not locked then it is possible that work with the Mac. For this you will need to get any third party software for tethering from the internet. There are some tethering applications which will allow you to connect the phone with system and use the internet from it. So far the current tethering applications are mainly developed for windows platform. So the mac is out of question but still telling you that search for it.

There is no way to use the Samsung monte with the Mac because the Samsung doesn’t have the Mac compatibility suite to do this. In order to connect or use the internet by this mobile you will need the proper driver as well as the application suite which will interact with the mobile. Also the phone might be locked for this capability. So might need to think about that.

As far as I know there is no synchronization between the Mac and Samsung phone. I mean that you can’t use the locked phone for the internet access. However you can connect to the computer using the wifi. By this you can get the internet access to your phone but you cannot use from the phone. This is a restriction in that. If there is a compatible Samsung suite is available for Mac then there will not be any problem to do so.