Thread: Do you need virus protection in Apple iPads

Do you need virus protection in Apple iPads

I have in recent times bought the Apple iPad from the Apple store nearby my vicinity. My brother is using a normal windows computer at home. Last night what happened was the computer started doing strange things and finally got hanged. He had all the official data in that computer and had to repent when the hardware personnel said that it might need a complete format. After which he would lose all his data. I am scared as even I have an iPad so is it that even I have to find a virus protection for my Apple gadget.

Re: Do you need virus protection in Apple iPads

While there are no known viruses for Apple iPad devices, but the device can get some malware in the form of mail attachments which can in turn corrupt the personal data you have in your iPads. “Scan Virus Barrier” works in a similar pattern as in the case of Apple products like the Apple iPhone or the iPod Touch. The software copies all data on the Mac machine when it is connected via the data cable of the iPad and examines the information for viruses.

Intego has come up with a new version VirusBarrier X6 10.6.5 which supports the platform of the Apple iPad. In addition to performance improvements and stability, anti-malware scanner also can make out the malware content on the tablet so as to avoid any harm to the device. This feature is also available for Apple gadgets like the Apple iPhone and the iPod touch. In terms of innovations there is an option which allows the users to submit suspicious links to Intego, along with the ability to request for a password to open the advanced preferences. And one more thing that surprises me is the free update which is available.

I agree to the fact that the Apple iPads which are not jailbroken are virus proof tablets. But you should know that a virus is a kind of malware or a code or a set of instructions which tries to harm the device but the Apple devices and specifically the Apple iPads do not allow such malicious code onto the device, thus securing the personal information stored on the tablet. But I am not sure that same is in the case of the jailbroken Apple iPads.