Thread: Nokia E5: SIM card registration failed

Nokia E5: SIM card registration failed

Hi all, I am having the Nokia E5 phone and newly got the Airtel connection. But my problem is that the whenever I insert the SIM card into the phone and try to on the phone then it shows me the message on the screen that says “SIM card registration failed” and there is no more detail for this. Now I am not able to make or receive the call. I am not able to do anything that is related to the network. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me and also tell me the way by which I can solve the issue. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Nokia E5: SIM card registration failed

I think that you have not inserted the SIM properly in your phone and that is why it is not getting the proper contact of that. If that is the case then also you might get the issues like this. What you will have to do is, just turn off your phone and remove the SIM from the phone. Now insert the SIM back to the phone properly and see if that is able to get detected of not? If that is because it is not fitted properly then this time it will not show you any type of error like this.

Have you bought the SIM new? I am asking this because if you buy a new SIM card from some local dealer then that SIM should be registered by the dealer. They send some message to the service provider and then only your SIM will be activated. So you should go to the dealer and ask them for the same. And when he will send the message then within 3 hours, the SIM will be activated and you will not get that message anymore.

The best way to know the reason as well as solution to this issue is to call the service provider and ask them for the problem. They are the people who will tell you that what is the exact reason for that and also they will tell you that what you will have to do to solve this problem. It is possible that the documents for the SIM connection are not properly submitted to them and so they have blocked your SIM. Therefore, this is the first thing that you need to try in any of the case related to the network. I wish that you will get the solution for this soon.

Are you using that SIM card from a long time? This is because if you are having that from a long time then this is possible that the SIM is having the scratches on that and because of that, it is not giving the proper connection to the SIM and phone. So you should check for that first and if that is having the scratches on that then you will have to go to the provider and ask them to change that. They will give you another SIM card that is having the same number as you are having right now. This is one of the most probable possibilities for the cases like this.

OK, first you will have to check the same SIM to some other phone and see if that is also showing you the same message. If that is getting detected properly there then this will clear that the problem is with the phone that you are using. Either you go to the service center for that or if you want to try that on your own then you can do the soft or hard reset on your phone and see if that is able solve the issue for you. But I would like to tell you that there are very less chances of that but still if none of the mentioned solution helps you then you can try this. I wish that this will solve the issue for you.