Thread: Using Nokia E5 as laptop modem

Using Nokia E5 as laptop modem

I have recently purchased the Nokia E5 phone. All the things in thins phone are working fine. I just wanted to connect my phone to my Dell laptop and use that as the modem for my phone as I am not having the internet connection for it. My problem is that, I don’t know that how can I do that but I know that this is possible to do that. Can you tell me that how can I do that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. Please help me.

Re: Using Nokia E5 as laptop modem

It is very simple to do that. You will just need the PC suite for your phone. Do you have that? If not then you can also download that from the internet. Just go to some cyber and search for the PC suite of Nokia N5 from there download and install that on your computer. Before downloading, you should make sure that the setup which you are downloading is compatible with the phone that you are using. When you install that then you will get that the option to connect to the internet. When you click on that then this will connect your laptop to internet with your phone as modem.

Above post is very correct that you will have to use the PC suite for that but that will not connect your computer to internet directly. You will have to do some settings in that and all that settings are depend on the SIM card provider that you are using. So if you want to get the settings of that then mention the provider that you are using. Otherwise you can also google that and you will get many results of that and also the settings for that. I hope that you will get the settings easily.

Before trying to do that, you should make sure that internet service is activated on your phone. If that is not activated then it will not be able to connect to the internet and show you the error that will say “Temporary Network Problem”. If that is not connected to the internet then you can contact the service provider and ask them to activate that service to your computer. But I would like to inform you that this will provide you slower access to the internet. I was using the TATA DOCOMO internet and that was worst speed.

Doing any settings on your own may be dangerous and can go in the negative way. So if you want to avoid that then you will have to contact the service provider directly and ask them for the settings. They will tell you the exact settings that you will have to do in order to get the internet connection. This will be the best and the safest way to do that.