Thread: CD Rom is not working in Presario f700

CD Rom is not working in Presario f700

Well I am having a Compaq Presario f700 laptop and the thing here is that the CD Rom in the same is not working. I mean whenever I am inserting a disk in the same then the disk is not detected by the system or the CD ROM. So please help me in this case and then let me know what went wrong with the system and why I am unable to open any CD in the same. Please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue here.

Re: CD Rom is not working in Presario f700

Well if this is the case then what you have to do here is that just try and Click Start, Run and type: devmgmt.msc, then you have to just double click on the "Controller ATA / ATAPI", deletes the line "Secondary IDE Channel" and then restart your PC . well after starting the system you have to insert a proper disk and see whether you are able to install launch the CD Rom or not I guess it will definitely able to get rid of the problem that.

I realized a few days since my cd-rom drive that also reads DVDs no longer wants to play them it fails to recognize that I insert the same. What is weird is that I still had open lecture close to the normal times by pressing the eject button but once I put the cd inside the computer to try to find it to read but cannot. Please help me in this one and let me know what I can do to solve this one. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Well first of all you have to check out whether the CD which is inserted in the CD ROM is the proper one or not because if it is not then it will definitely not play in the same. So what you have to do here is that try and play the CD or DVD on any other machine and if it is reader there then you have to worry a bit because this is the issue of CD ROM now and the only way to solve this one is to change the CD ROM itself. So try and install any other one on your system and if this is the case then Samsung will really help you out.