Thread: WiFi cuts out when not being used in android phone

WiFi cuts out when not being used in android phone

I brought this htc wildfire phone some days ago and I had a look at its wifi connection. So I was searching for the wifi spot in my neighborhood and I luckily got one. so when I connected on the port the connection was successful after having used the phone I thought just too keep it idle for some time so I keep the phone and just had a look at the other features of the phone. in which I saw the wifi got disconnected. In he couple of days I have noticed that the wifi connection does gets disconnected after a particular time if it is kept idle for sometime. So anyone has to say something here then do share it.

Re: WiFi cuts out when not being used in android phone

Have you tried looking at the settings of the wifi in your phone. since I do not have any android phone I do not have much knowledge about it. I would advice you to have a better look at the settings and just check whether there is any presence of the timer in the phone which restricts the connection of the phone after a particular period of time. So if that is the case then I think you must disable that option in your phone. I think this would be the case in your phone as well. So do have a look at it and let me know if you have got any proper result.

Well I did have a look at all the settings of the phone and I could not find any timer related thing in the phone. so I do not think that would be the case here. Well if you can suggest me some other alternative methods then do let me know about it. It would be great to hear from you all. So anyone who would like to give me some more suggestions on this subject then do let me know about it. The connection does gets disconnected frequently and I had a thorough check with all the settings of my phone and that is not the case. Any more inputs?

Well I have got a appropriate reply for your problem. Well I have identified the cause of your problem. Well what is the case is that if you keep your screen idle for some time and keep the wifi often then the wifi does gets disconnected and if you have a lots of applications running on your phone’s background it can slow down the time it takes to reconnect the wifi. So do get a power shortcut widget ti will help you turn the wifi on/off depending upon the use that you need from it.

I think the problem might be due to the wifi connection or the wifi port from where you are trying to connect your phone. well I have heard that the wifi does gets disconnected if you keep your phone idle for a longer duration of time but it reconnects back. So I think the wifi port must be having some problem connection to the particular phone. so that might be the case here as well. I would advice you to check your phone with the different wifi spots and see if it gives the same problem there also.

I would advice you to have a talk with the htc people regarding this matter. I am sure they will be able to help you out in this matter. I think they will be having a much better knowledge about this particular matter and I think they would be the best person to answer all your queries. So do ask them for the suggestions and also take all the advices that is needed to establish a firm connection between your phone and the wifi. I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.