Thread: App store constantly prompting for update

App store constantly prompting for update

I have purchased Chopper 2 in today morning. You can control this particular game by using your Mac with the help of iPhone. Well let it be. There was an update was showing in to app store. I have downloaded all the updates available on the Mac of mine. Now it is constantly showing update available on the app store even though that particular app is already updated on the Mac of mine. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: App store constantly prompting for update

Well this problem which you have posted in this thread was also experienced by me. I think its not a big problem however it is really frustrating one for me. In my case I have downloaded Minesweeper from the app store. Same as yours app store also notified me that there is update available hence I have downloaded the updates for the same. After installing the update without any issue it is still prompting that there is updates available. Hence I have decided to delete Minesweeper and all the associated files from the computer of mine. I will be happy with having app store rather than having Minesweeper.

I think there is an issue with permission of the app files which you have installed on the computer of yours. Well I think the apps which you have installed are having read only permission. You have to click on the Get Info and click on lock which is available at the right hand side corner. Now simply do following to changes that is set Everyone’ and ‘Read & Write’ at left side pen of the Get Info window. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I think i have encountered with the same thing when i was attempting to update Evernote 2.0.3 . I have tried to rebooted osx and simply restate App store on the system of mine. By doing this I have cleared lingering notification. Finally I have got rid from the dock icon which was prompting me for the updating the app. I let you know will be unable to get rid of Doc icon until and unless you restart the app store on your system.

Well I have launched iTunes on the computer of mine and I have login into iTunes account which has resulted to fix the red update circle which continuously notifying for the updates at the App store icon on the dock. I don’t remember what exactly I have done but I think I am not having red update circle from on the App store from when. I will let you know if I come across with any other definite solution for this particular situation.

I think this problem is technical kind of so I don’t think so normal users like we cannot solve such a problem. Well I highly recommend that you should contact Apple Care team for this particular matter. According to my opinion they are the people who can fix this annoying problem. You can directly contact Apple through various communication medium like Email or hotline technical support. I am hoping that Apple care will help you to fix this particular matter.