Thread: HP G60t-200CTO showing black screen after updating drivers

HP G60t-200CTO showing black screen after updating drivers

Guys I am in a serious mess with the HP G60t-200CTO notebook of mine not getting started after I installed the new version of graphics driver on the same. Previously I was having this Intel 8.15.10.1986 driver and after that when I updated the same to install the 8.15.10.2086 driver I found that there was just black screen that was coming up in the screen as soon as I restarted the laptop after the update was over. Now whenever I try to start the notebook I am just stuck with the black screen and nothing else, so can someone help m to know how to overcome this problem.

Re: HP G60t-200CTO showing black screen after updating drivers

Dear I would first want to know that which operating system are you using on your laptop along with the bit version of the operating system as I feel that if you install the different bit version of the drivers in the laptop that is having some other bit version of the operating system, then I think that there could be a problem of clash of two different version of the software and because of it you are facing the problem of getting black screen as and when you start the system, now the only way to remove this update is to install the operating system again as I fell that this is only solution that is left.

Guys I don’t want to format the system to reinstall the operating system just for the sake of deleting one software that I installed into the laptop. I have got a lot of personal and important data in the laptop that I cannot afford to lose, I would definitely and curiously want to know that are there any kind of solutions other then formatting the laptop such that the driver gets uninstalled and I am able to open the same laptop easily again.

Hey what you can do if you do not want to format your system is that you must try starting your laptop in the safe mode and once it gets started from there then you can go into the control panel, select the Add and Remove items and then remove the driver that you have just installed into the laptop. If the laptop gets started from the safe mode then I think that it is good for you and you can remove the driver that you have unknowingly installed into the system and can make the notebook to run again. But if you are not able to start the notebook even in the safe mode then the only option that is left is to format the system.

Guys I am also having some problem with the Intel Mobile Series 4 Family Chipset that I am using for quite some time now which is also running the latest Windows 7 operating system on it. When I found that there is an update of the drivers were available for the chipset that I am using I instantly installed the update of the drivers onto my system, but later on when I restarted my system, I found that although the system started perfectly but the screen was no showing good quality graphics as well as there were some dark spots at the corners of the monitors, the resolution was also too much, I have installed the correct bit version of the drivers on my system but then also I am getting this problem, can some one help to suggest what should I do to make the graphics to show up perfectly.

May be the update to the drivers that you have done was not proper and that is the reason why you are not able to get the graphics of your system to show up properly. What you must first do is that you should once again try to install the drivers that you have done before and see what happens this time around, if you are able to get the good quality graphics this time around then it is good for you or else what I think is that you must switch and remain attached to the older version of the drivers,

Friend check out the display properties of your system, before you carry out any other kind of changes in your system, what I think is that you might have got the settings of the display somewhat improper and that is why you are not able to get the display properly. So right click on your desktop and select properties and then tab to the display properties and see what happens after you make some changes in the display settings. I hope that by changing the display settings you will be able to get the display of the screen proper.