Thread: My passport Essential 1TB has got erased

My passport Essential 1TB has got erased

Hello guys I have come to know that the My Passport Essential 1TB which I was having from last six months suddenly got all the data that was there inside erased. Although I have got the hard disk working properly just a day before I got all the data deleted and that there was no way I could find any of the data that was there inside it. So can someone help me to know that what was exactly went wrong with the hard disk and where had all the data lost. I had lots of personal data inside the hard disk and that is why I would want to know that how can I be able to solve this problem by myself.

Re: My passport Essential 1TB has got erased

Hey what I think is that the disk might have got corrupted and that is why all the data that you were having got erased, I would want to know that does your hard disk is working now properly or is it that you are not able to carry out any operation with the device at all. If you are not able to read or write anything in your system then I think that the hard disk had got permenantely deleted and that now there is no chance that you will get your data back in any case, so friend you will have to buy a new one altogether.

I would want t know that are you using a desktop or a laptop, also if suppose you are using a laptop and that to a Mackbook and if your hard disk was formatted with the Mac Osx then what I think is that there could be a possibility that the data you had lost might get recovered from the hard disk. Usually Mac Osx have disk utilities which allows to fix the disk. SO\o if you really have the macbook in which you have got this Passport Essential 1TB hard disk then what I think is that there could be a possibility that you might be able to obtain all the data that you have lost.

Friend check for the memory usage of the hard disk, is it showing the memory that is available with the data that you had in your hard disk or is it that your hard disk is showing memory count zero. What I think is that if your hard disk is showing up the memory size as the amount of data you were having the UI believe that the data is there in your hard disk, but the only problem that you are facing with some glitch in the hard disk that is not allowing to show all the data. So if you can call up an engineer how knows how to get the data retrieved from the Passport hard drive, it will be good for you.

Guys thank you very much for the instant reply that you have given to me but I would want to tell you that I have got this Passport Essential 1TB hard disk into my computer system which I am having for a long time, it is just that I have got this new hard disk for over six months ago. All was fine day or two ago, but last night when I started my system, I found that the memory count was showing up to 370GB but there was no data showing up on my disk. The engineer whom I gradually look for is out of town and will take some time to get back, So now can someone help me to know how I will be able to get the data back so that I can use the data.

Hey friend there is a Data Recovery Software that can help you in getting and retrieving all the data that you have lost from the hard disk. If you have that one then you must try to use it, if that then you must download the same from the internet and then install into the system and run the same. The Data Recovery Software will gradually show all the data that was there on the hard disk and then you can easily retrieve the data you would want to have. So try this solutions and see what happens, I hope it does the trick.

Though I have never ever used a Western Digital hard disk ever but what I have heard is that the Western Digital usually comes with password protected hard disk and that it can be that the data is there but might have got lock and that is why it is not showing up in the hard disk. There is also a Smartware that comes with this hard disk and that will help you to unlock the data that is there in the hard disk, so you just run the Western Digital SmartWare VCD and run the unlock application. If you are provoked to insert the password then please insert it and press the unlock. This will help to bring the data back into the system.