Thread: Mail 4.4 goes crashing after an update to iTunes 10.6.5

Mail 4.4 goes crashing after an update to iTunes 10.6.5

I had an old version of iTunes in my iMac. But recently I did an upgradation of iTunes and I got a new version of it. I currently have iTunes 10.6.5 with me on both iMac and Mbpro. But once I have upgraded it to the new version of it I am facing with some problems. Since upgrading to the new version of 10.6.5 on both my iMac and Mbpro, the mail.app is crashing all over the place. I don’t know the reason for it and this is happening on both the machines where I have installed it. Also all the crash reports are referring to some IMAP issues. Please help me out on this. I don’t have access to the mails.

Re: Mail 4.4 goes crashing after an update to iTunes 10.6.5

I had a look at your problem and think that while you where upgrading your iTunes something might have went wrong. I thing that the method you followed has gone a bit other way. Were you facing the same problem while using the old version of iTunes? You need to first uninstall the iTunes 10.6.5 that you are using. After that you can reinstall the iTunes following the same procedure you had used earlier. This will help you and the mail 4.4 won’t crash after this.

Thank you for your immediate reply and thank you for your feeds that you provided me. I used the same procedure as you have mentioned. I started with the uninstallation process which was then followed by the process of reinstallation. I followed the same procedure as I had used before to reinstall. Once I finished with that I checked out if the problem is solved or not but it still present. And this wasn’t an issue when I was using the old version of iTunes. I think there is something wrong with IMAP. Please suggest me some way out to get rid of this problem. Appreciate if you reply me quickly.

The solution for this is simply deleting you current account and re-add it from scratch. According to me you have need to go in the mails first by login into your account. After that you go to Preferences followed by accounts. Once you enter there you have to literally delete the account which you are currently operating on. After that you can again start from scratch. Follow the same procedure that you had while creating the previous account. I am sure this will help you to get access to the mails. Another thing which you can do is that you can reconfigure the mails in your current account. Even you can try doing this. After this the mail 4.4 won’t crash.