Thread: Unable to Import ringtones as a m4r format in iPhone

Unable to Import ringtones as a m4r format in iPhone

Reading the tilt I hope you are able to get some idea of what I am going to speak here. Well the problem here is that with my iPhone I am unable to import any ringtone which is of the m4r format. Well I have tried doing this several times but everytime I have failed. So I thought may be you will be able to help me with the solution. So I am expecting some help from your side. So please do suggest me some methods by which I would be able to import the ringtones to my iPhone. Any suggestions?

Re: Unable to Import ringtones as a m4r format in iPhone

Well these type of ringtones you can easily get it from the iTunes. So I am amazed that you are still unable to get anything from it. So what I want to say is that try to compress size the ringtone that you want to import on your iTunes. So for that you will have to get access to the various ringtones software's that are available in the internet. Try compressing the size of the ringtone or opt for a ringtone which has a duration of only 30 seconds. So do try this method it will definitely be a great help for you.

Well what I have to say here is that these type of ringtones you will not get in any particular iTunes folder or something elsewhere. You will have to add the ringtone in the particular iTunes directory such that it gets added as your ringtone. Wee there are various formats that are available for the ringtone in the internet. Well what you have to do si convert those format to the m4r format that you are looking for. As the user said above these converters are easily available in the internet these days. Do try converting them and get them added to the iTunes.

Well somehow I have got it added to the iTunes. Well now I am trying to move it in the different folder like the ringtone folder in my iPhone. The sad part is that I am unable to move that particular tone in the ringtone folder that is available in my iPhone. Well I have tried several attempts but it just refuses to move. Also one thing that I have observed here is that the ringtone that I have added in the iTunes is showing of the mpeg format and not the m4r format that I was expecting. So do you all have any solutions for this type of problem. If you all can help me with these then do let me know about it.

I would advice you to firstly select a ringtone which is of a shorter format i.e 30- 40 seconds max. after having selected that particular ringtone always ensure that te particular ringtone is of a slower bit rate anywhere around 128 bits. After you have got that particular ringtone then you will have to make sure that file is renamed to a particular format like the one that you need. I n your case it is m4r format. So convert that particular ringtone in to the m4r format. After having converted to hat format add it to the iTunes. I think so this will fix your problem. So do follow the suggestions that I have given here and implement it accordingly and let me know if that works or not.

Well i would like to share a particular solution that worked well with me. Well what I did was when I had a ringtone in the iTunes itself. What I did was I removed the ringtone from the playlist. Having removed the playlist I did not remove it totally I had kept the ringtone in a particular folder and selected the option of keep file. After having done that I have again re imported the file into iTunes 10 by double clicking the particular file. While doing this I have ensured that the file that I had kept was not deleted from the iTunes. So this is what the steps that I have taken to get the necessary m4r files in my iTunes. I would advice you to follow the same procedure in your case as well. Do follow it and let me know if that works or not.

Hey thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you all have given here. Well let me tell you the suggestions did really works for me and the result is in front of me. Well I am successfully able to get the particular m4r ringtone in the system. it could not have been possible without your help. I have got the ringtone and I am right now very happy with it. So thanks a lot for all the response that you have given here. Appreciate your efforts on solving my issue.