Thread: My Book Elite not working after firmware update.

My Book Elite not working after firmware update.

I am having the Mybook Elite external drive and was using the same from the last few months. Now the thing here is that recently I have updated the firmware of the system and then later on immediately after the updation process the disk stopped working. So now I really can’t figure out what can I do to solve the issue and also unable to install any further software on the same. So please help me in this case and let me know what can I do to solve this issue and then can have the access back on the system.

Re: My Book Elite not working after firmware update.

The firmware is the program that will allow drivers before the component to function. The driver (pilot) is the next layer and enables the material interacts with the rest of the computer. Now if the firmware is updated then the drivers that you have installed for the external drive also need to be updated so in this case just see whether you are able to update the drivers of the system and I am sure that if the drivers are updated then you will definitely able to solve the issue.

Well the problem is not so serious because it happens if you are unable to have the access on the External drive after the firmware update then it is one of the common thing. Now what you have to do here is that just try and see whether the power supply is on and if it is one then you have to immediately turn it off and remove the hard drive that is unplug the hard drive and after some time by keeping it idle you have to again connect the same. I hope that reconnection the same on the second time will help you to solve the issue.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem where I am unable to transfer the data on my external hard drive. I have this problem since three days my external hard disk crash less my PC whenever I want to transfer to a amount of data from my system to the hard drive then it crashes automatically. Have anyone ever faced the same issue if yes then please help in this one and let me know the proper solution.

As said by you that you are unable to transfer any amount of data from your computer system to the hard drive then it clearly says that the drive is not fully connected to the system I mean to say that it is physically connected but when you are trying to have an access over it then it is not letting you to so. Now I guess that there is an virus attack on the same so in the next time when you connect the hard drive to your system then scan the whole and see whether it is able to fix the issue.