Thread: MyBook Studio Edition II 2TB frequently disconnects

MyBook Studio Edition II 2TB frequently disconnects

I am having a MyBook Studio Studio Edition portable hard drive and using the same from last few months and then thing here is that now I am facing some issues with it. Actually it is the 2 TB hard drive and the thing is that I am unable to get the consistency in the connection. Well the problem is that the drive lost connection on frequent basis and I have to again unplug an connect the same to have the access back on the same. So please help me in this one and let me know what I can do to solve this issue.

re: MyBook Studio Edition II 2TB frequently disconnects

Actually the problem which is being faced by you is the one mainly caused with lots of western digital user but I surely know how to solve this issue. Now the basic reason for this issue to creep up is nothing but the power supply so just see whether the power supply for the same is appropriate or not and if it is not as like it needs then you have to just make sure that there is no breakage in the power supply and it should be the consistent one. And I am sure that if the power supply is proper then you will not face any of the issues with the hard drive that you are using.

The moment you unboxed the unit and connected to yours MacBook Pro 2.53 15 "made no sign of life. You try to disconnect and reconnect the FW800 cable but not the solution. Then you have to disconnect and tested on another power plug from the power adapter to clarify if it is yours UPS device malfunction causing. No luck on the other outlet until it began to turn the AC power plug small fits in the back of the unit. Therefore, what seems, this initial failure was caused by some sort of "contact with the power" within the unit. Make sure that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue.

Well it seems to me that the drivers related to the hard drive are not installed or they are not coping up with the system. Now what you have to do here is that just try and see whether you are able to install the appropriate drivers on the system and then see after installing the drivers whether the problem get fixed or not. And if it is not then you can manage the same to get it done with the help of disk manager. It is the software which allows you to just check whether there is any problem in the drive and fix it on its own.