Thread: My Book Studio 1TB - select to unlock the drive nothing happens

My Book Studio 1TB - select to unlock the drive nothing happens

I just bought an external HD Western Digital My Book Studio 1TB. Unfortunately, it is formatted by default for Mac and I am running Windows XP. And no when I tried to unlock the same then really nothing happening I am unable to find out the proper solution for the same. I searched without success on various forums the solution to my problem but the computer can not complete the NTFS format that I connected my DD on a Firewire port on my computer. Please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue here so waiting for a appropriate reply from you people.

Re: My Book Studio 1TB - select to unlock the drive nothing happens

Looking at the problem that you are facing I guess I can help you out in this one. So what you have to do here is that just click the Format Utility for FAT32 External Disk USB / FireWire and install it on your computer and then you can format your HDD with the WD utility. I am sure that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue here and then you can connect the drive back on the system and try and have a access on the same it will definitely work.

Well I hope that I can help you out in this one so according to me what you have to do here is that see whether the smartware that installed on your system. And if you found anything fishy then just uninstall the same and then install it back on the system with the fresh copy or may be the updated one. I hope that this will help you in solving the issue and you can then try and connect the drive and see whether the access on the portable disk is available or not and if it is not then try and unplug the drive and connect it again.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem where I was unable to see the drive on my system. In fact, the worry is that the external HDD is well recognized, it appears in the desktop but can’t be accessed. Whenever I want to get into it he said: "The disk is not formatted. If you want to format it?" I also went through msdos, and then at the end of the process (format f: / nf: fat32) it says that formatting in FAT32 is therefore impossible for DD too (250GB) . now I am really can’t make out what I can do to solve the issue here. So please help me in this case and let me know what to do to get rid of the problem.