Thread: Mirror Book 2TB Not Recognized

Mirror Book 2TB Not Recognized

I am using Windows 7 Pro I am connecting through a 1-foot cable mini-USB. By connecting the unit, the blue light comes on, hear fan noise-making, and I hear the clicks of the computer and the external. After ten seconds, the Western Digital Drive Manager (with latest update) appears in my system tray. If I click on Start and look for devices and printers, the My Book device will appear after a few seconds too. However, the drive does not appear in My Computer, and the shortcut on my desktop is not connected properly. I've listened leaving into the registry and erased the UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but that did not work. I've tried three different USB cables mini, and 3 different ports in different locations (front and back) of the tower. Any advice on what is wrong. Additional Information: This is to show in my Device Manager, and demonstrates that it is working properly. In addition, the driver is completely up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Device Manager, which is also shown as working properly in device manager. Could it really be a unit of guilt? Because even if it were, it seems that just started to pull the other drive RAID 1 mirror

Re: Mirror Book 2TB Not Recognized

Well you are facing this problem because the drive letter is not initialized. It happens if the driver letter is not initialized then it will definitely give you the error which you are facing now. So what you have to do here is that just press Windows key + R on your keyboard and then the RUN dialog box will open in that you have to just type “diskmgmt.msc”. And then in the Disk manager it will look out for the drive letter on your system and then it will automatically fix the problem for you. I hope that it will help you out in this case.

I am sure that I can help you out in this case. So what you have to do here is that before installing the drive or connecting the drive just check out whether the drivers related to the same are installed on the system or not and if they are not then you have to install them back on it because if the drivers are not installed then it will definitely not allow you to just detect the hard drive on the system. So first you have to just try and install the same and see how it goes.

As said by you that the disk is not detected then first think about the drive and nothing else, but in this case I want you to tell that there might be a problem with the USB port or the cord itself. So first you have to determine the same and then see whether it helps you or not. I am sure that if the USB issue is solved then you will never face any of the issue what so ever. Well the same problem was faced by me and I did changed the port and get it solved and I hope that it will work for you also.

By analyzing the whole problem I have came to a conclusion that the hard drive which you are using is causing the problem for you and it is the only one that is not letting you to solve the issue here. So you have to just connect the hard drive on any alternate machine and then just see whether you are able to make it work there and if there also the same issue then it is confirmed that the hard drive is not in a proper condition and it will allow you to change it as soon as possible. I hope that the retailer will help you out in this one.

I am equipped with a large external hard drives Western Digital My Book Pro Edition II to scan my library which contains about 800 feature films to music etc. The advantage is the automatic backup called MIRROR. To do this we must adopt the RAID 1 mode in the settings of the software supplied "My Book RAID Manager" this capacity divided by 2 so there are 750 GB for storage and 750 gigabytes for backup. The problem here is that In the workplace the device only appears in a single volume to 700 gigabytes, so it takes a source volume and target volume for backups.