Thread: Need information on My book essential USB3.0

Need information on My book essential USB3.0

I have decided to purchase the My book essential USB3.0 for my system. But the thing that is worrying me here is that I have never gone across any of the stuff regarding the same. I mean to say that I have never gone through this external drive anywhere so I though before buying the same I should know it better. So my query in this situation is that can I use this drive with the system that I am having with the windows 7 operating system. And also let me know the detailed information regarding the same. Have anyone ever used the same drive if yes then please share your experience regarding the performance of the same.

Re: Need information on My book essential USB3.0

The My Book external hard drives are the most sold in the world. There is a reason. For 20 years they manufacture hard drives: and i guess they must be knowing how to protect your data. A single hard drive for universal compatibility and speed of today's new generation of tomorrow. Use this disk with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 to go when you're ready. The backup software provides a visual WD SmartWare visual display of your backup in real time, so you know that your data is safe from danger. It is the best in use and I guess it will definitely able to use it on the system which you are using.

I bought a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1 TB. It is a standard hard drive, less impressive than the LG brand HXF1 (see test) but fulfills its function as storage space. The hull is made of plastic, black with a coat of varnish, nothing extraordinary, the appearance is very standard. The hull seems very fragile and when you move the hard drive it seems that it will come off . There are vents on all sides of the device to prevent overheating. The best storage position is to flatten the WD My Book. This is doing well for me and I guess it will definitely work fine on your system.

Well I want to say regarding the storage space, it has 1 TB with about 70 GB used by default by the system. The My Book Essential Edition is light with a suitable size as most hard drives. It comes with an adapter for U.S. made but it lacks many details as the number of revolutions per minute and more precise specifications. A USB 2.0 cable is supplied in the box, it is possible to secure the hard drive via a password with 256 bit encryption. This edition of 1TB comes with a 2 year warranty and the software SmartWare WD which is a command center for the hard disk. The regulars probably know at Western Digital. The hard drive Western Digital My Book Essential makes no noise when turning, it heats up very slightly (it's more warm air is discharged) on the fans side. To conclude, it is a hard drive all that is classic to a very reasonable price: 106 $ for this edition 1 TB

I encounter the following problem with a USB Western Digital My Book Essential 250 GB formatted in FAT32 home, to maintain compatibility with Windows XP. After driver installation, the disk was indeed present but restarting the PC, it had disappeared from My Computer. Partition Magic has shown me that the attribute of the original partition had become "hidden" and even reformatting utility from Western Digital (yet sensible return to its original factory hard!) Could not restore. To remain compatible with Windows 98 SE, the only solution has been to format the drive with XP.