Thread: ActiveSync and ESP support by Motorola Xoom ?

ActiveSync and ESP support by Motorola Xoom ?

With the new kind of tablet PC that is Motorola Xoom enrolling out in the market in the days to come I already started to get butterflies in my stomach so as to what exactly the difference in the feature that the world's first Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet will have. I am also looking to get my hands on it that is I would want to buy this thing as early as possible. Although I know that the price set for this tablet pc is way too much so I would want to know some facts about this tablet pc before I buy this thing. I would want to know that the does this Xoom will have the support for the ActiveSync, I am looking to get the corporate security policy and that is why I am looking to get the ESP (Exchange Server Stress and Performance) on this tablet pc. So any one having any detail please do provide in the post.

Re: ActiveSync and ESP support by Motorola Xoom ?

Hey friend I have gone through the manual which I have found browsing the internet, so as to get the information that you are looking for and I have come to know that this Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet pc, does syncs with the Microsoft Exchange and with this I can assure you that the this tablet pc is going to have the best security policy as compared to any of those that were released before this one. So I think that you should not think too much about any of the cost related information about this tablet pc and go on to get the first of this tablet pc before any one does.

What I feel is that since the Activesync is a product of Microsoft developed much before the Vista version of the windows was developed so what I believe is that if Activesyn can be used to sync older version of the Windows based product so will also be able to get the sync done with exchange accounts on any Android platform based devices including the Motorola Xoom. But as far as the ESP (Exchange Server Stress and Performance) is concerned what I believe is that it wont function for any of the Android based device as it is a pretty old module which you will only make it use to stress-test Microsoft Exchange Server. So keeping these points in mind I don’t think so that the device will have support for the ESP which you are looking for.

Hey friend I have tried the quest that you are looking for in this Motorola Xoom with the other kind of the Android based device, since I think that mostly all of them will be same as mostly getting the extra bit of feature in the tablet pc is dependent upon the operating system. I have found out that the ESP is used to compel a login ID against the device along with enabling the device to be scrub in case of lost, so basically what I did is that I used the local email client to connect to it but I found that I was not able to do so. Later on I came to know that this happened because of the lack of security feature the Android device has, so I think that this will surely going to continue with the device as well.

If you are really looking for the ActiveSync and the ESP that is the (Exchange Server Stress and Performance) support in the tablet pc that why you are wasting your time in getting the green signal from the Android device that is the Motorola Xoom. It has come to my notice that there are too many of the device in the market that has got support for the ActiveSync but when the time come for the ESP most of them lacks because of the security reasons. But there are some device like the HTC and the Samsung which have got this kind of the ESP support which you are looking for into their operating system and so all of the device that are manufactured from this company has the support for the FPS, so if you want then you can directly go with this device.

Looking deep into the devices that are manufactured from the Motorola Company I have found out that many of them come with the latest Exchange servers support along with mandatory security settings, together with remote wipe and mandatory password/Pin in order to get the access. So with this kind of fruitfulness already in the previous version of the mobiles I would expect that the xoom will definitely have the best security in the business.