Thread: WD20EARS RAID 0 working slow on MacBook

WD20EARS RAID 0 working slow on MacBook

Good Morning to each and every one of you, I have really got some problem with the Raid0 hard disk which is of 1TB that I have got it installed on the MacBook so as to get the digital clips, sound clips and other large files. I have formatted it using Extended Journaling which is having stripe depth is 256KB. Although after the installation I found that each and every thing is working pretty well but I have found that there is some weird sound every now and then and that sometimes the file browser hangs for about 10 seconds before getting to work normally. All I all I find the performance of this Raid 0 very slow and so can someone help me to know that what is exactly the problem and what shall I do to improve the functional performance.

Re: WD20EARS RAID 0 working slow on MacBook

Hey dear I would want to know that how many partitions have you made in this 1TB hard drive and how much of the data have you stored on this hard disk of yours, you said that the there is a very slow performance while using these hard disk, so if you have installed ample amount of data on your hard disk then what I think is that there could be a problem if you are using very slow speed RAM on your system. SO if you have invested in increasing your memory count then what I believe is that you should also increase the speed as well so that there could be a proper collaboration of the speed as well as the memory.

Format the hard disk again and see what happens, what I think that the format of the hard disk is not proper and that is why you are facing the problem of the file browser going unresponsive while you begin to access it. . I don't believe that it is to do with the active power down since if that was the case then browsing the filesystem will certainly not become possible in any case at all. So since you are taking a bit of time to get the access to the file browser then what I think that the formatting source that you might have used is not proper and that is the place from where the problem is occurring.

Check out the logs and see if you are able to find any kind of faults that is you will have to check for the kernel log which is the one where disk problem shows up. Also, make it sure that you have kept that the same as your boot drive that is an SSD by going through the BIOS options. Also make sure that you have given an equivalent file size to all the partitions that you have created in your hard disk, because that could also be one of the reason why you are not able to get the hard disk to perform effectively.

Friends I have formatted the disk drive again as you have suggested me but then also there was no way through which I can make the hard disk to or the file system to work properly, I have even made the partition drives of equivalent space and then also I am not able to get the file manager to work properly, is that the macbook does not go hand in hand with this Western Digital hard disk or is that there is some thing else which is causing the problem, please guys do suggest some solutions to get this thing work smoothly,.

Since you are formatted the hard disk using the Extended Journaling file system so I think that that’s the reason why you are not able to get the hard disk to run properly, what I believe that if you can again format the drive using the other type of the file system, then I think that it will certainly do the work for you. It can be the file system that you have formatted with is not compatible with the RAID 0 hard disk of your and that is why you are facing the performance problem with the hard disk. So do and see if you are able to get it done perfectly.

The only thing that you have been left with is that you will have to contact the Western Digital support service and ask them for the problem that you are currently facing with the RAID 0 hard disk on your system. They will surely help you in giving all the necessities that will help you to make the hard disk run effectively. They will also suggest you the best platform for which this hard disk will surely function properly. So just contact them as soon as possible and see what happens next.