Thread: Apple mac book pro: Mount smaba share under Linux

Apple mac book pro: Mount smaba share under Linux

I am having an Apple mac book pro laptop, this is running with Linux OS. The problem is in this system I am not able to mount the system with samba network sharing option, is this happening for the operating system or for any other problem. Having no idea on this, and this problem starts occur after upgrade the operating system version in my laptop. I am not able to see the device name under the sharing window. What should I do now? How to do this operation.

Re: Apple mac book pro: Mount smaba shrare under Linux

Check the configuration of the network connectivity that your system, for that sharing sometimes the firewall is also responsible. For that I recommend you also the firewall setting for sharing. Though there is no device is detected in your system for that I recommend you to first of all check the connectivity between the system and the network router. The file sharing option should be enabled in the firewall setting window and in the configuration window. Go through this, I hope this will surely help you somehow. if you are willing to activate SMB sharing in MacOsX, the media's public folder (default folder) are visible from the mediacenter decoder evolution.

Procedure for samba sharing in mac environment:

1. Create a directory "lib" on the USB stick and copied there the cifs.ko, dummy_hcd.ko, g_file_storage.ko and the inside vusb.image. along with built on the USB stick a new SamyGO.sh with the content:
    Code:
    SHARE_IP = "192.168.1.1" 
    SHARE_USER = "user-name" 
    SHARE_PW = "server" 

SHARE_MOVIE = "movie" 
    SHARE_PHOTO = "photo" 
    SHARE_MUSIC = "music" 

USB_MOVIE = "Movie" 
    USB_PHOTO = "Photo" 
    USB_MUSIC = "Music"
    if [`cat / proc / mounts | grep-c" / dev / pts "`-lt "1"] then 
    echo "telnetd Enabled 
    mount-t devpts devpts / dev / pts 
    telnetd 
    else 
    echo "/ dev / pts is mounted"
    2. Now Telnet and start SamyGO.sh Copy cp dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO.sh mtd_rwarea

3. copy the lib function cp-r dtv/usb/sda1/lib mtd_rwarea.

4. From now it will automatically share the network.

A few steps to configure the samba network sharing in mac system , I just few weeks back did with this process, if you are also looking for the samba (SMB) sharing then simply go through this steps.

-Make a little: mkdir / var / cache / mt-daapd

-Copy the file mt-daapd.conf / etc.

-Review-mt-daapd.conf to indicate where are the mp3s, and ensure that the path to the web_root is correct (I did by replace the path / usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin- root at home).

-Now this will creating automatically by running "make install", and perhaps modify an argument when executing the "configure" script.

In the network shared drives (Windows, Samba) to mount, yet was not an issue since the Finder displays the computers on the network and you are right-click on the shares by them and can mount on demand as well as simple. In the daily work this way but is proving to be increasingly difficult. Only after the described (double) click on the share is the actual mount (drive) in the system. Only then the release is also available in all programs and via command line or Terminal window or Volumes. The share name will available. As per my opinion the mount process can be done via command line, but have yet to find charming way through the GUI to the required approvals reliable when the computer starts to mount, shutdown and unmount in standby mode and the revival of the standby to mount again. OSX seems to be standard tools only to NFS mounts to move to be what is unfortunately not supported by my Buffalo Tera station.

With Pathfinder , which now as a finder replacement was recommended to me several times. Really not so, although some of the functions, such as the stack file are quite interesting. What I still missing and what I would like to use after a long abstinence is a 2-pane file manager, that is one at which I left and right have a directory tree on, can I directly copy files from left to right move. Due to frequent excessive copying and moving of the local network that would be very helpful. For the samba sharing one of the most important thing is that you need to create a back shell or the backup script, it will help you to will be performed at regular intervals that you define here. Each backup will edit a text file that lets you monitor your backups (in case of trouble, it can still be used to find out when the last version you have.

SMB or samba was originally designed to work through protoclo NetBIOS, which in turn keep them at work over NetBEUI (acronym for NetBIOS Extended User Interface, which translates as Extended User Interface NetBIOS), IPX or SPX (Internet Packet Exchange acronym or Sequenced Packet Exchange, which translates as interred Packet Exchange or Sequential Packet Exchange) or NBT, but also can work directly over TCP/IP. SAMBA is a suite of software, originally created by Andrew Tridgell and currently maintained by The Samba Team under the GNU General Public License, and implemented in UNIX or Mac osx systems. A Samba user must always be present as Unix users on the system. The heist we put on the system setting a new Unix user account to join under. But, since we do not want to see this author in our OS X, but purely for use Samba, we will "hide" user has not.

Some of the information’s regarding the samba for using in linux platform, that I would like to share with you, In NetInfo Manager, we also place equal to a group of "Samba" on (this we will need for the Shared folder later). The easiest way to duplicate the Admin This group is going to "Groups" then click "Admin" and picks up the menu "Duplicate" from. After Duplzieren we change the duplicate names on the "samba", we carry the Unix user that will later have access to Samba. When the Unix or Samba same user login and password is the same as the Windows XP/2000 users on his computer, then no password is used for connecting a consultation. It will log in automatically the same as this user. The smb.conf is at the heart of the Samba server. This will be edited by programs such as Share Points. We do this by hand but now. So once we open the terminal. In Unix there is the Vi editor, because I would not explain now and he is a bit strange after all. That is why we do it differently.

I used this network service in my Linux system and sharing some of the information about how I did the sharing in to my system, I hope by this you will be able to get some information regarding this. It include SMB wrapper support, which allows the Unix executable file systems to access SMB or CIFS like Unix file systems. I suggest to using this option. I find out some more about these inconsistencies in the Samba website. –it also includes support for the Andrew File System in Linux platform. If you serve AFS files via Samba, i recommend compiling Samba once first without enabling this feature, to make sure everything works fine. Once functioning version, recompile Samba with this feature enabled. –it also support for DFS, a later version of AFS, used by OSF. Note that this is not the same that the Microsoft DFS, which is a completely different file system. Again, I also like to suggest you to compiling Samba first without this feature, and if all goes well, recompile with it enabled. Krb4-with-base-directory.