Thread: How to make iTunes read my disc instead of grace note

How to make iTunes read my disc instead of grace note

I have made an audio CD which I have made and I have put the text title and track names for all the tracks present in it. This title gets flashed when I play the CD in Windows Media Player or in any other player. But when I play it in iTunes it imports the tracks but completely ignores the CD text titles and instead jumps to the Grace notes to get the information of tracks. And when it fails to find any information it just shows Track 1, Track 2 and so on. So it gets very difficult for me to know which track is being played and also to get the information of a particular track. For this, is there any way to make it read the disc and ignore Grace note.

Re: How to make iTunes read my disc instead of grace note

I think looking at your problem the type of CD you are burning is an audio CD. This may be the reason why the title of tracks doesn’t get flashed. So to get the track titles you need to burn a data CD. If you are copying the files to any other system then you have to burn the data CD instead of an audio CD. This process is much quicker and it won’t even lose the audio quality of the tracks that are present in your CD. Also you can burn 150 tracks in a data CD as compared to 20 tracks which are possible in an audio CD. The most important advantage of this is that you won’t lose any of the tags that you have given to the tracks along with the information of the tracks.

The alternate to the above mentioned solution is that there is a script which is to be used to get rid of this problem. The script is ‘CD text to CD info v info’. You have to go on to this script. This script will now try to fill the CD text information from the corresponding audio CD in iTunes .Once it does this it will then apply it to the CD’s disc and will follow it up by tagging of the tracks. This way it will help to get the title for the tracks and will not jump on to the Grace notes to get the information of the tracks .So visit this script and get the solution for the problem that you are facing.

There is some problem with the version of the iTunes you are using. You might be using a old version of iTunes. For this you need to get the latest version of iTunes and download it. Also there might be some issue with the installation process of iTunes that you are currently using. You can just uninstall the iTunes and then reinstall it. Follow the same procedure as you have used previously to install the iTunes. This will surely help you to get the information and title of the tracks that are present in your CD as it does in Windows Media Player or in any other player. Also it will not jump to the Grace notes to get the information of tracks.