Thread: My Acer aspire 5740 laptop is not getting connected to internet

My Acer aspire 5740 laptop is not getting connected to internet

I have brought a new acer laptop model no 5740.it operates on windows 7. It is working absolutely fine problem with this is , I am not able to access internet. It shows that it has already got internet connection available but when I go for surfing it shows no internet connection available. It has annoyed me so much, I have tried much solution but none of them worked, can anybody help me in this.

Re: My Acer aspire 5740 laptop is not getting connected to internet

The problem which you have mentioned is quite common. Sometimes we get internet connectivity problem .To fix this go to control panel and select view network status and after that select Diagnose and Repair option. Now go to command prompt and type “ipconfig/all” .it will give you IP address ,subnet mask DNS servers and gateway info, now ping the gateway ip address it should work provided that connection are properly done. If you can ping gateway ip address we can even use nslookup to resolve domain name.

The problem which you have told may be because of up gradation of windows system .if you have done the same then check the windows firewall setting. It might have got to set on by the update. In your operating system have you checked , that was it free from spyware before upgrading your operating system. Failure to do so can create same kind of problem as you are facing at the moment. Spyware such as Sobor worm can cripple your TCP/IP stack.

I had the same problem with my laptop. I fixed this bug by just changing the setting in network adapter power. I made change in adapter power save mode to off and bug got fixed. to do this go to control panel and click on classic view ,there you double click on option system select hardware tab in that click on button device manager .click on + of network adapts there double click on Atheros AR5007EG .Next click on Advance tab in the end select off and click it.

To troubleshoot these problems go to wireless networks window and click on change advanced settings. There Click on wireless connection’s tab then remove your main connection’s router. once it is done then refresh your connection list for new available connections. Then once again click on main connection and re enters the wep key. Now you will find internet icon shows connected, no more dropping occurs now whenever internet is switched on your laptop will get auto connected to the internet. This solution is permanent.