Thread: My Laptop shuts off automatically at the same time as watching video

My Laptop shuts off automatically at the same time as watching video

Lately my Laptop using Windows Vista has been shutting off at the same time as when I watching videos online. (On YouTube, Veoh, Blip, etc). It appears to occur in between the every 9 to 20 min score of the video. A sometimes later than it turn off it boots back up over again in general but many time when I try to turn it back on it will immediately shut off by own while booting up in till a pop up show the massage ‘Allowing Windows to repair its self’. Just after doing that does it work again?

re: My Laptop shuts off automatically at the same time as watching video

Does it take place any other time, as when you are not watching videos? I think this problem occur because your laptop is getting very over-heated. That happens with my laptop many times, because it takes a seat on my lap top and the air cannot get out appropriately. Just try it and it is the best method for the air to get out and if it happened again then possibly it is not over-heating. Oh fine, at least you have lined out somewhat.

Even I have the similar pattern and I am facing the same issue. I do not think it is anything to do with temperature. This problem happens merely on windows vista and not on the ubuntu which I have on one more partition. Ubuntu works very well with long videos hours. It has to be some software (may be drivers) on windows which is causing this. I have set up the newest direct x drivers from Microsoft and seems like the problem has been resolved for the time being. Though it is as fine early to verify this, as I set up this today.

I would like to suggest you that you require to go into power settings/alternative, anything it is for your computer, and say to it not to turn off mechanically. Leaving any computer alone for an unlimited amount of time, for example, at the same time as you are watching a video, will cause it to turn off automatically only if the setting is ‘on’ which it is by default. If you cannot locate the setting to control it off, only jig the mouse after every 10 or some minutes, and then it will continue on.

hey Use windows 7 that becoz vista use most of video memory so media player cant get required video memory this problem is mostly occured

Re: My Laptop shuts off automatically at the same time as watching video

maybe you drivers pro~
    I saw some same solution here:
    Last edited by Kunal; 12-03-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed