Thread: Windows Mobile: Cannot delete files access denied

Windows Mobile: Cannot delete files access denied

I am having many files in my Windows phone. Many of them are just useless and that is the reason that I want to delete them from my phone but I am not able to do that. Whenever I try to delete any folder from there then it shows me the message that says that cannot delete files access denied. Can you tell me that what is the problem that? It is consuming more space in my computer and I want to free the memory from my computer. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Windows Mobile: Cannot delete files access denied

There may be some problem with the memory card that you are using and that is crating problem for your phone. If you want my suggestion then I would suggest you to remove the memory card from the phone and then connect that to your computer. You can make use of the card reader to do that. Now open the memory card and delete those files from there. See if that is able to delete that or not? If that is not able to delete that then you can format the drive completely and then again insert that in your mobile. I don’t think that this time this will show you any problem with this.

There is a program available on internet that is called as FileASSASSIN. This is available in English as well as Spanish language versions. You will have to install that on your phone and this will help you to remove the file from your computer that is not been deleted from there. It is a very nice program and I am using the same in my mobile if I get any of the issue like this. So you should also search for this on internet and download the setup for this. This is one of the best way to solve the issue that you are facing. I wish that you will be able to get out of the trouble with use of this.

There may be some program or application that is running in your phone and that is the reason that you are getting the issues like this. If you are getting the software that is running in your phone then you can simply restart your mobile and this will end all the background running application from your phone. Once you started the phone then don’t do anything else on it, simply go to the file which you want to delete and then try to delete that. If the problem was due to background running application then this time that file will be deleted without any problem.

It can be also the problem with the firmware that you are using and if that is the case then also it can show you the issues like this. According to me, you will need to check the firmware version that is running on your phone and after that check for the latest version available on web. It is newer than what you are using then installs that to your mobile and after installing that, restart the phone and then try to delete some of the files from that. I wish that this time you could delete that file from your computer without any issue. I have seen many of the cases like this where installing the latest firmware resolves the problem

There is one more possibility that the file that you want to delete is protected and so it is not able to delete the file. If you want to check that then open the property of the file and if there is anything like this then you will have to remove that protection and save the changes. Now you can go for deleting that file and this time, it should not show you any problem. If that is able to solve the issue then please reply me back. Thank you.