Thread: Pavilion dv7 mouse pad and scroll bar not working

Pavilion dv7 mouse pad and scroll bar not working

I got Pavilion dv7 laptop on my 18th birth day. I am using this laptop since 2 months. Everything was working perfectly. Once I formatted the laptop. From that time my scroll bar is not working. I tried a lot but got the solution. I have almost given up hope. Everything on my new pavilion DV7 works great except the scroll bar on my mouse pad. Even though my mouse is still works fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Or more importantly how to fix it?

Re: Pavilion dv7 mouse pad and scroll bar not working

I had same problem. After Windows updated the synaptics software had this problem. I resolved this issue by doing the following steps. In the control panel go into the Mouse settings. Choose the tab for Device Settings (has red icon to left) and go into settings. The option to choose is Virtual Scrolling and make sure tick is in the box for Enable vertical scrolling.Hope this resolves your problem.there was no option for virtual scrolling on mine. hp pavilion laptop. hp-g70-460us. Try this

There is an easiest way to fix the scrolling problem on your mouse pad. First go to windows update and if update is available, update for synaptics pointing device if so download and install. second if not there go to start control panel mouse icon click on it once there go to hardware tab and then too properties see if u have and update driver option if so click on it an update driver tab for your mouse pad and update that way. third and easiest go to your hp recovery manager and click on it and once it pops up hit next and it will ask u if it is a program driver click no and then it will ask u is it a driver program click yes look for your mouse synaptics reinstall it there and restart and it will defiantly work.

I have the same scroll bar problem....when i click to highlights and then scroll down to where I want. When I slide off the scroll button, it stays blue and keeps scrolling the page. I tried the virtual scrolling adjustment and either missed something or don’t know how to adjust.
    All I want is, to slide off the blue scroll button into i.e (without having to release the blue scroll tab) and not have the page scroll all over....
    thanks in advance

Follow this may help you.
    Right or left click your pointing device, bottom right hand side task bar / notification area - Device Settings tab - Settings -
    Select Vitual Scrolling & double click it. Have a play with it until you find a setting that you are happy with.
    You should check Sensitivity too.
    Hope that this is what you are after.