Thread: Unable to send email in iPhone

Unable to send email in iPhone

This is a strange problem which i have started facing recently the problem is with the sending and the receiving of the files. Well the problem is that i have recently noticed that i am unable to send any email from my iPhone. While i can easily receive any email in my phone but i am unable to send any emails from the phone. I have noticed that whenever i am trying to send any email it gives me an error message and says that my username and the password are incorrect. I have tried deleting my accounts several times and i have created a new one but still that also did not prove to be much helpful for me. So anyone who can help me with this particular solution then do let me know about it.

Re: Unable to send email in iPhone

I think so the problem is with the isp providers that you are currently subscribed to. Well i think the problem may be due to the problem in the account verification. I think so you must have a talk with the service providers regarding this problem may be they would be able to solve the problem for you. So i think this would be the appropriate solution for you. Also one more thing that i would like to add here is that try working on the different email provider. See if the problem exists there also. I think you must better try with all the suggestions that i have given you here. that might be helpful for you.

I think so there must be some minor issue with the smtp address that is being registered in the phone. I think you must have a look at it. That will give you an exact idea on why is that thing happening. Also do try changing the email provider switch to the gmail it is far much better than the existing one. Well i have noticed that there are many such problems that are being faced in the yahoo mail. So as of now do try switching to the different mail provider it would be of great help for you. So try working on it and let me know whether that helped or not.

Hey thanks for your quick response. Well i think you have correctly guessed the problem now suggest me some solution for it. I know this is because of the yahoo mail and i am currently residing in uk and many of my friends in my locality also have the same problem. So what i want is that if you would be able to help me on how to make some changes in the smtp then that would be of great help for me. So do send me your responses i am waiting for them. Please if possible do reply it as early as possible.

Well i have some definite solutions for you. So what you should do is that go to he mail section and from there select your account and from there move to the incoming mail section . having done that you will able to see a place for your password . in that you will have to tap on the outgoing mail server after that go to next and you will get to see SMTP, under Primary Server touch smtp you will have to change the smtp depending upon the mail provider you are using. After having done that go to the next page and you will get the Outgoing Mail Server. There you will have to make sue that you have entered the appropriate password there. So do try with the above suggestions and let me know if it was useful.

Well I got my problem fixed with a simple update of the phone. well I updated my phone to the ios 4,2 and it did help me solve all the issue. After having spent hours searching the internet fr the solutions I got the final appropriate solution for me. Well the updation of the phone did solve the issue in my case. I think you must also try with the same suggestion that I have given her . I think that will be much of an help for you. So anyone who have not got your problem fixed of sending the emails do fix it by updating your phone.