Thread: Should I buy a Droid 2?

Should I buy a Droid 2?

My son who has a fascination of Smartphone. So I am planning to upgrade him with a Smartphone. But I am a bit confused on whether to spend a huge amount on it or not. I am also not huge fan if it as I like Droid X. Also I like Incredible and the Fascinate. So do you think that should I buy this phone? Would I buy him the phone he wants or pick what we think would be the best phone for him? Please give me some solutions for this.

Re: Should I buy a Droid 2?

If you are really looking to buy your kid a new phone then I think that you can buy a Droid 2.Its a very cool phone with lots of good features. Now talking about the phone specifically then it’s very good for messaging purpose. If your kid wants a physical keyboard then the Droid 2 is the way to go. It will be very good for him. But if he prefers a touch screen then you might have to look out for some other options. But whichever phone you buy it will all depend on whether he has the capability of using such phones.

Looking at your query I feel that it’s more of a question from a parent’s point of view. It’s not much to do with which phone you want to buy. But if you are planning to buy a Droid 2 then there are no issues with it. You can go ahead with it. It’s a really good phone and has a lot of features that can be used. So I feel that it will dominate your kid’s life because he may spend all day with that phone. There are various features which he might use in it. So actually it’s all up to your child on how he uses the phone. Also a lot depend on you on how he uses the phone.

I think that there is not much difference between Droid 2 and Droid X. The software used in both the Droid X and Droid 2 are almost identical. So as far as I am concerned, it‘s all upon your personal preference. If he wants a physical keyboard and he loves texting then he should go for Droid 2.And there are many users who will are fine with it. Also if you are looking for a better deal for the phone or you are not looking to spend much on your kid’s phone then you should go for Droid 2.It will surely cost you less. So now it’s all up to you on which one to buy.

I appreciate that you all have provided me with the solutions. I want to tell you that I don't have to worry about a phone dominating his life. He has a more liking for video games. I had the Droid, didn't like it so I returned it and went back to my Curve. Then I got the Droid X and its better that earlier Droid. But my son loves texting very much so he thinks he wants a physical keyboard. So I think that if I’ll l go with Droid 2 itself. I guess I would like to buy whatever I could and get the best deal between the phones that have been mentioned. And I think that going for Droid 2 won’t be a bad deal.