Thread: iPhone 4 is not getting connected with the Linksys wi-fi router

iPhone 4 is not getting connected with the Linksys wi-fi router

Recently I got a iPhone 4 and I am facing some issues with it. Well let me tell you that I have a Linksys wi-fi router at my place ad my iPhone is not getting connected to it properly. Well I have noticed that the problem is not because of the router and anything else the main problem is with the iPhone only. Well I have tried connecting my laptop to the router and it worked really very well. So I do not have any idea why is this happening only with my iPhone. Any suggestions that you all would like to share with me here. I am waiting for your response.

Re: iPhone 4 is not getting connected with the Linksys wi-fi router

Well there might be a possibility that the router that you are using is not made to work with the iPhone. So that’s why I would advise you to check for the proper updates of the router and also if possible do update its firmware properly. That would be a great option for you. One more piece of advice that I would like to share here is that have you tried working on your iPhone in a different wifi network. If you have not then do try it. If it is not working then the problem may be due to the iPhone itself. So do accordingly work on the suggestions that I have given here for you. There might be a possibility that it will work for you. So do try it and let me know whether you are able to get any solution or not.

Well even I agree with the above user. The problem is with the router one of my friend who has having the same problem while connecting to the laptop and he found that the version that he had for the router was quite old and the version that was required to run it was pretty much high, so he went to the linksy’s website and go the firmware updated from there. So that did solve his problem. I think the same is the problem with you. You will have to work on the same way and you will get the desired results. Just a simple update of the router would be the perfect solution for you.

This was the same problem with me quite some time ago. So what I did was observed the router and it appeared that the router that I was using belonged to a very old version i.e version 1 and the iPhone only accepts the router which is version 5 and above. So I did try updating the firmware of the router but unfortunately I was not able to get any solution from it. So what I did was tried contacting the manufacturers and reported them the problem and they suggested me to get a new router. So I got a new router and now it is perfectly working well. So this was my experience I thought I must share this with you all.

Well I had a look at all the routers and also examined its version for the router and I found that the version for this particular router that I m having is quite latest and still I was not able to connect it with the iPhone. I had a talk with the manufacturers regarding this issue and they also have confirmed that the particular versions is quite latest and it will easily work with the iPhone. So now where does my problem lie? Do you all have any suggestions for the problem that I have given here. Please do reply as early as possible I am waiting for your responses.

Looking at your problem I think the main problem is with the iPhone itself. So I would ask you to report your cell phone to the nearest dealer and report the problem to him. He might be able to look at the problem and will suggest you some solutions accordingly. In case if you want your iPhone to get it replaced then you can get it replaced. So this can also be a option for you. Do try it and let me know whether you are able to solve the problem. Do get back to me.