Thread: Will Nokia provide Windows 8 tablet in 2012?

Will Nokia provide Windows 8 tablet in 2012?

All we are about expect Windows Phone 8 by end of 2012. Will Nokia provide a tablet which will be powered by Windows Phone 8? Or OS would be same as that of Windows 8. Do you have any speculation about the same? Let me know if you are having speculation on the same. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Will Nokia provide Windows 8 tablet in 2012?

It is likely to have same OS version as that of phone because of them are running on ARM CPU and it will not like x86 CPU which are used on desktop computers.

I am excepting that this particular tablets would be available for $200. We cannot make any notes that whether they are good as that of netbook or laptop. I don’t have any issue if the tablet is available for $200-$300.

The very first thing which I wanted to tell you that its not a tablet rather it’s a Slab. It will be powered with the full version of Windows 8 operating system as that of computer. and that is the reason why it’s not a tablet. you can say it’s an evolution of tablet. Because Cell phones are become smartphone and now they are Superphones. I don’t think so Slab will not be available with full OS under $500.

I do agree with the price scenario of the tablet. I have seen some of Asus tablet which are running by Android are not cheap. The 32GB Transformer Prime is available for $492.20 and 64GB version is available for $584.22.

As far as I know HP Touchpad firesale and Kindle Fire killed all the tablets which are having price of $500+. If I am not wrong there is Tablet available which are running by PC Os from past decade but no one is purchasing them at all. since people are not looking to have tabs which are having all the functions of the computers. Apple has understood that particular thing and that was the only why there is market for iPad rather than of tablet.
    According to me the idea of Windows Slates is quite awesome. It will have all the features of desktop OS. Or the developers can provide the e ARM version which will have full OS but there will not be any backward compatibility. The most attractive feature of Windows 8 will be built with touch in mind for the primary input mechanism. It will be a touch-centric and rendering would begin from the start screen.

Well I am wondering that x86 slates which are prices with $500 can replace the laptop. It will have full featured operating system and backward compatible as well. You can also have the docking station at your home by using keyboard and a USB 3.0 external hard drive. When you wanted to roam around with the device then simply remove keyboard and external driver at your home and go.
    The future of slates is seems to be huge in the hospitals and other branches. I am expecting that tablets and slates are going to be used primarily the research and development.

The main thing is that desktop as well as notebook are going to use the full version of Windows 8. What Microsoft is thinking that Windows 8 should work on maximum devices. Due to that particular reason notebook, desktop and netbook are going to be run with all the windows app and all of your game app. If you are thinking that gaming on the slate will be same as that of desktop then you are totally wrong. But rest of the functions of slate and your desktop will be same.

So far we are not having any mobile computers with touch screens feature and running full version of Windows based operating system. it does not mean that above mentioned feature will be available for Slate only.

I would like to have Nokia w8 tablet or slate or ultrabook or transformer. Especially I will prefer transformer type tablet since it will have the keyboard dock. It should be same as that of full laptop computer but should be backwards compatible. The main points which are making me hesitant are price, battery and heat generated by the device.